Author Topic: Time for an upgrade  (Read 1539 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Time for an upgrade
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »
Im suprised you havent considered the Behmore, it's another good roaster at a decent price too and will do up to a pound.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

RobertL

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
Im suprised you havent considered the Behmore, it's another good roaster at a decent price too and will do up to a pound.

Aaron

I currently own a Behmor I don't care for the lack of control it offers that's what made me decide to upgrade.

Gime2much

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 03:08:27 PM »
Behmor  is a good roaster, for someone new to roasting it's great but for anyone who has roasted using any type of control, it's lacking. I've been roasting several years on Poppery 1 and CO/UFOs all heavily modified with variac heat control. The Behmor I had for ~1 year never produced the roast I was looking for even under control of the varic. The resulting coffee was much like a stew that the cook forgot to season.....flavors were there but rather muted.

Dan

EricBNC

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 04:07:18 PM »
But I like my stew... :'(

Gime2much

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 04:13:07 PM »
Hey Eric. Glad to hear it's working out for you. Did you get the OPV installed?

Dan

EricBNC

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
Thanks Dan - the Behmor is working fine for me. 

I have not installed the part yet.  I got side tracked with my ebeans for espresso thing and ended up with a new Quick Mill Silvano. 

Don't kick me out of the Gaggia users group just yet though. I am planning a trip to the parts house to build a pressure gauge out of my portafilter during next week's fall break.  Right now I am in the middle of my last semester of nursing school and spare time is not what it was this summer. I have a Gaggia Classic machine here that a friend wants adjusted so I figure I will do both of them at the same time as a nice stress reliever.  :)

RobertL

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
I thought I would update this thread with my final purchase. As some of you may know from reading the Gene Q&A thread I purchased a Gene off of CL a few weeks ago. I put it to the test for a couple of weeks and decided it wasn't for me. So I sold the Gene along with my Behmor and purchased a Hottop B. I received the HT a couple of days ago and have a few roast under my belt. So far I am completely satisfied with the HT it is very easy to use and clean up is a breeze. I think this will be my last upgrade for quite a while.