Author Topic: MY K-Cup  (Read 668 times)

ph33nyx

MY K-Cup
« on: February 20, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
It may be a sacrilegious thing to talk about here, but does anyone use the My K-Cups that Keurig has? If so, what grind do you use? I thought I read somewhere that it should be just finer than an espresso grind.

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Re: MY K-Cup
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 08:32:05 AM »
I think it will depend on many factors. Fast way would be to open an existing capsule and see how fine they are grinding it. This will be a good start and then you can tune to your taste.

I hope you get an answer before you are banned:)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
Tex will put his banstick up on the side of your head.

Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »
It may be a sacrilegious thing to talk about here, but does anyone use the My K-Cups that Keurig has? If so, what grind do you use? I thought I read somewhere that it should be just finer than an espresso grind.

That is down right blasphemy!

:o
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

ph33nyx

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:17:55 AM »
Hey.....this is NOT for me. I would never consider using a Keurig! A guy at work was asking, because he uses one and I'm going to be doing some roasting him.

Tex

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:16 AM »
Hey.....this is NOT for me. I would never consider using them a Keurig! A guy at work was asking, because he uses one and I'm going to be doing some roasting him.

Hey, that's exactly what I told the lady at the pharmacy when I bought some Trojans back in the 50's.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:28:06 AM by Tex »

jbviau

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 10:58:24 AM »
An espresso grind would be too fine. Try a *little* finer than drip instead. Maybe suggest to your friend that he open up a k-cup and emulate what he sees inside? This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Offline expy98

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
this past summer was visiting friends for 2 weeks and that's their fav appliance in the house.  I couldn't
drink it so went out and bought roasted 49th Parallel beans and asked them to grind it for a 1 cup
manual filter.  Couldn't find a Melitta anywhere so used their adapter on the machine, grind turned out
just about perfect and they much preferred it over their pods.  Packing it loosely or tightly to adjust
flow as desired.