Author Topic: I may have found the perfect tumbler  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: I may have found the perfect tumbler
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:30 AM »
Studded tires are illegal in a lot of places, if I remember correctly they have been illegal in illinois since about oh 1974?     You talk about the sound of the studs, how about when you put chains on your tires?  That was some sound!!

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Ray T

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
Snowing today I may have to chain up the studded tires just to make it home tonight. I hate snow

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »
Zulily sold out:(

RobertL

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:47 AM »
Zulily sold out:(

Did you order one before they sold out? I ordered yesterday I'll post a review once I receive it.

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
I was waiting till I got home and missed them!

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 02:44:59 PM »
The Michelin X-Ice studless tires we had for my wife's old minivan were awesome! Combined with the antilock brakes you could slam on the brakes on a skating rink without skidding.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
The Michelin X-Ice studless tires we had for my wife's old minivan were awesome! Combined with the antilock brakes you could slam on the brakes on a skating rink without skidding.

:o

I need me a set of those snow tires.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

RobertL

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »
I got my cup in the mail a couple of weeks ago but didn't have a reason to use it until this week, my first day shifts in a while. The first thing I noticed about it is the weight it is rather light when compared to my bodum glasses. I'm guessing the glass is thinner so I will have to be extra careful with it. Aside from that the glass is great it keeps the coffee hot but no to hot to drink. The lid is easy to drink from and doesn't spill or splash. Great find jdibble thanks for posting this one I give it two thumbs up!

BoldJava

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 02:52:20 AM »
haha, They would actually be more for her. I don't drink coffee and drive.

I don't know why anyone does.  It reduces the magic of the bean to the mundane by ascribing it to the mere accompaniment of some menial task like driving.  The bean deserves better, to be highlighted as the focus for that point in time in which it crosses our lips and covers our palates with liquid joy.

I have book-marked this post.  Just about the time I think the boy (not bad) has gone over the utilitarian, functional edge, he waxes poetically.  I have submitted his post for consideration as our Wisconsin poet-laureate, 2012.   http://wipoetlaureate.wi.gov/ .
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:54:48 AM by BoldJava »

Offline Ron_L

• Standard User
  • Proud Member of the Wisconsin-Illinois Cabal
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07:37 AM »
I have book-marked this post.  Just about the time I think the boy (not bad) has gone over the utilitarian, functional edge, he waxes poetically.  I have submitted his post for consideration as our Wisconsin poet-laureate, 2012.   http://wipoetlaureate.wi.gov/ .

Wisconsin has a Poet Laureate?  Who knew...

That must be a tough job.  There aren't too many words that rhyme with cheese or Packers.

;D  ;D  ;D  :o

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
I think he specializes in Limericks

There once was a girl from Wisconsin...
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Tex

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 11:29:42 AM »

Wisconsin has a Poet Laureate?  Who knew...

That must be a tough job.  There aren't too many words that rhyme with cheese or Packers.

;D ;D ;D :o

Maybe, but you can pack a lot of innuendo into those two words. ::)

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 07:15:02 AM »
They are on zulily again.
http://www.zulily.com/invite/jdibble8535

I just ordered the 2 I wanted to order last time.

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »
I have been using these tumblers over the past couple weeks. I broke one of my Bodum double wall cups and decided to give one of these a shot since my wife decided that they looked to fragile for her to use. So far they have been fantastic! They insulate just enough, the lid hold in some of the heat and is easy to drink out of. Cleanup is simple and they are constructed way better than the Bodum.

It is exactly the right size for an Aeropress just in case anyone was wondering.

rating these 4.75/5 The only issue is the seals are not perfectly straight. It doesn't affect the sealing of the cup but it just bugs me a bit.

chef glenn

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
Costco has the Contigo not bad no dribbles.. 2fer $18.."go with you"