Author Topic: $830 to buy a lever. I'm impulsive! What do I buy! Need it yesterday!!  (Read 2593 times)

jspain

Hey Jim.
I read somewhere that you bought PVL. What exactly did you end up buying, and are you happy with it?
Thanks
Miroslav

Miroslav,

I did buy the Ponte Vecchio Lusso single head. I LOVE IT! I had several leads on various used lever machines but I decided that I wanted to buy new for many reasons to include shipping issues as just one. I like the PVL for several reasons. It came highly recommended, steams great, 3 liter boiler, spring lever, decent price point, and it pulls a great shot.

All levers have a large learning curve. It is my first lever and they are MUCH DIFFERENT than a pump. I'm a very happy owner!

smico

Nice.  We are lucky to have master teachers in the camp.

Soapbox

I vote PVL.

I'm not shipping it.  ;)

I'm leaning PVL as of now! Distributor in Cali will deliver. 1st line will not deliver PVL (due to shipping damage). They deliver UPS  :o!

I'll wait a few more days until the check gets here and try and not pull the trigger on anything for the time being. Espresso withdrawl has set in. I do have a PVL portafilter and tamper, I do have a good feel for the PVL after a month of use, so...... I'm leaning that way. The PVL 3 liter boiler is nice. Export is 0.9 liter like the Sama. LaPavoni is tempting. Used something may be the best value?? Decisions, decisions......? Keep the ideas coming.  Thanks for the input!
Would you mind sharing the distributor who is located in california I've been looking and can't find one.

smico

I did buy the Ponte Vecchio Lusso single head
And good thing that I stayed within $830 budget, said Jim from the rabbit hole.  :)

jspain

I vote PVL.

I'm not shipping it.  ;)

I'm leaning PVL as of now! Distributor in Cali will deliver. 1st line will not deliver PVL (due to shipping damage). They deliver UPS  :o!

I'll wait a few more days until the check gets here and try and not pull the trigger on anything for the time being. Espresso withdrawl has set in. I do have a PVL portafilter and tamper, I do have a good feel for the PVL after a month of use, so...... I'm leaning that way. The PVL 3 liter boiler is nice. Export is 0.9 liter like the Sama. LaPavoni is tempting. Used something may be the best value?? Decisions, decisions......? Keep the ideas coming.  Thanks for the input!
Would you mind sharing the distributor who is located in california I've been looking and can't find one.

Vaneli's. They did a great job of packing!! It took three days for them to ship it and a week to make it to OHIO! Well worth the wait! 1st line carries the PVL but will not ship it! Pick-up only......  jim 

ps, I did go over my $830 insurance check from UPS. It was a bit over $1000 shipped. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:29:40 AM by jspain »

milowebailey

I vote PVL.

I'm not shipping it.  ;)

Grasshopper, one must have Google foo

http://www.vanelis.com/store/c-85-ponte-vecchio.aspx

jspain

Thanks Larry!

You know I'm terrible at that stuff!!!

Soapbox

I vote PVL.

I'm not shipping it.  ;)

For the life of me I did google and bing no dice... you must be special

milowebailey

I vote PVL.

I'm not shipping it.  ;)

For the life of me I did google and bing no dice... you must be special

I have a black belt in google 8)