Author Topic: virtuoso out of commision  (Read 766 times)

Offline paultflorida

• Standard User
virtuoso out of commision
« on: August 17, 2012, 01:29:52 PM »
 So I was wondering why my grind didnt seem just right,  the problem was the retaining ring for the burrs broke and not only did it not grind correctly but now wont grind at all. >:(
So Iordered a cpl or retaining rings for future needs, dragged out the old hearthware chopper and at least I can have coffee until the new rings come in, $2 part  pain in the but when it breaks.
On a good note roasted 2lbs coffee today, so when it is fixed, these beans will be ready to try.
Relaxing with coffee, cigar or pipe in central florida

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: virtuoso out of commision
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Did you order two right away? 

Last time I needed that ring, Batatza offered to send it free of charge, even though I'm the second owner.  That was cool.  But the really cool part was, when I wanted to buy the second one to have a spare, they threw that one if for free too.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline paultflorida

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »
Yes I ordered 2, being in NH on the east coast and figured out the problem before they opened, i just ordered it online. I did call them when they opened to see if they can get it out right away, and it was ready for the morning mail, so crossing fingers for saturday, monday for sure. Also spoke with tech support and went over upgrades, come to find out they have a new gearbox for that unit $15, and if mine ever breaks, I would get it as the new one is suposseldy unbreakable.

Offline paultflorida

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
YAY....

Part came in, nice seeing the grind consistant verses hack and chop beans,,

Now I can sample all my roasts ground correctly.

JasonG

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
Ya, the plastic gears on my Vario went south once and thankfully I had an old style hand grinder at the ready. New metal gear box works like a champ though it does increase the noise a tad. I recommend putting an order in for that part so you don't have the shipping wait :)