Author Topic: Wilfa Svart Presisjon automatic coffee brewer  (Read 3299 times)

Offline staylor

• Standard User
  • Back in Canada and the espresso still tastes good.
Re: Wilfa Svart Presisjon automatic coffee brewer
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
About to place an order on the Brazen.

Bam!

Sweet you will love it.

Wonder if I can squeeze my racing helmet on top of the Brazen. ;-)

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
You may find that your pour-over and siphon brews drop off in frequency as it's so easy to get a good cup from the BraZen.

$100 says you are right. I'm sure I'll spend the first few weeks geeking out on the variables until I get a decent (ish) grasp of how to play with the Brazen. It's nice that a lot of groundwork has been done by guys like yourself and a couple of others over on HB, so that will reduce my experimental curve.

My first search point will be looking for a general 'do it all setting' for Doreen. No matter what coffee she will be using I need to find a good brew temp (calibrated to our 3,000' elevation point) that she can set and forget. As for pre-soak I'm sure it will be one of the longer settings since we only drink my roasts and typically they are quite fresh. Once that generalization is out of the way I'll get on with tweaking for fun.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 06:03:01 AM »
Auto drip...  :P

"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

BoldJava

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »
You may find that your pour-over and siphon brews drop off in frequency as it's so easy to get a good cup from the BraZen.

We don't have a machine in the house.  Czarina doesn't know how to make coffee.  She swears that when I find myself 6 feet under, she is buying a machine before I am even cold.  For the time being, she seems very content with that which is placed before her.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:29:43 AM by BoldJava »

Offline staylor

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
Doreen pretends that she can make coffee, but she can't. She's not a micro-detail person and doesn't place enough importance in the entire brewing process to dedicate focused time on a pourover. Imagine every pourover rule that can be broken and she's guilty of breaking them all throughout the week.

Her idea was a machine for multiple guests when I'm off racing somewhere (I'm in Arizona in 2wks for a race), or out riding, etc. My thought is it will help improve her daily cup and if 6mths from now she's the only one using it every day, it's been a good purchase. An additional upside, our guests (who turn out to be some of my customers) will be able to enjoy my personal roasts from a consistently performing machine that is steps above Doreen's coffee abilities.

Plus, coffee toys are fun.

EricBNC

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
Since we are in true confession mode about our spousal coffee prep, I submit my winning entry - my wife uses a Keurig B155 office type unit in our home (I did bump brew temps to the max of 197 F) because it is plumbed in and refilling the tank is a task she feels is beneath her efforts to create a simple cup of coffee. She still likes the occasional cup provided from the sweat of my brow but likes the automated system best - to each his (or her) own...

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2013, 06:06:10 AM »
Her idea was a machine for multiple guests when I'm off racing somewhere

For when you need "a pot" of coffee for guests and the operator is not a coffee obsessive..

Makes sense.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
Since we are in true confession mode about our spousal coffee prep, I submit my winning entry - my wife uses a Keurig B155 office type unit in our home (I did bump brew temps to the max of 197 F) because it is plumbed in and refilling the tank is a task she feels is beneath her efforts to create a simple cup of coffee. She still likes the occasional cup provided from the sweat of my brow but likes the automated system best - to each his (or her) own...

It's a wise man who knows when his wife is right. Wise & happy!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

It's a wise man who knows when his wife is right. Wise & happy!

+1

Happy wife ... happy life.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski