Author Topic: 18 oz Espro kickstarter project  (Read 1513 times)

JW

18 oz Espro kickstarter project
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:47:35 AM »
For those that might be interested, Espro is doing a kickstarter for an 18 oz version. For me it's pointless,  I have the 30 oz version and use it regularly. I've had many french presses and this by far is my favorite as the double filter reduces sludge to the point of it being a petty nuisance and almost non existent. The double wall design retains heat well, which is the major downfall of the single wall bodum types. For those that like french presses and have never tried an espro pot, I highly recommend them.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bruceconstantine/the-medium-espro-press?ref=email

Note: I am not affiliated with Espro in any way, I just like their press.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: 18 oz Espro kickstarter project
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
I've been waiting for this.  I did the Kickstarter thing w/ the 30oz. and liked it a lot, but didn't use it for just my one mug, and because I use other brewers for 30oz. I sold it.  But this, this is appealing!
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

BoldJava

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
...I've had many french presses and this by far is my favorite as the double filter reduces sludge . . .

Bingo.  Not only does it reduce the sludge, it presents a much cleaner mouthfeel than a press pot and lets the flavors be show-cased.  The Espros (I have the 1 cup and the 30 oz pot) are my go-to cup on Friday afternoons after work.  A treat.

kaotep

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
I've been waiting for this.  I did the Kickstarter thing w/ the 30oz. and liked it a lot, but didn't use it for just my one mug, and because I use other brewers for 30oz. I sold it.  But this, this is appealing!

i'll be ready to catch the 18oz when you sell it :D

JW

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:12:52 PM »

Bingo.  Not only does it reduce the sludge, it presents a much cleaner mouthfeel than a press pot and lets the flavors be show-cased.  The Espros (I have the 1 cup and the 30 oz pot) are my go-to cup on Friday afternoons after work.  A treat.

Yup, the mouthfeel is much, much cleaner, but some ultra fines get through. I use mine about once a week too and find I always enjoy the cup. 

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
Decisions, decisions. Do I kickstart for just the medium, or the medium and the large?

JW

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 08:41:13 AM »
The large espro kickstarter project has been done for a while. The medium just started, and for many people it may be the perfect size.

Edit: I missed the large combo when I looked at the page.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:47:20 AM by JW »

shootersm

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »
same here,

the medium and large combo are interesting!

Offline bekeld

• Standard User
  • Espresso: QuickMill Roaster: Behmor, HGDB
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
Just change office supply stores to coffee equipment...