Author Topic: Any clues? New Clive coffee brewing system?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover

Offline MMW

• Standard User
Any clues? New Clive coffee brewing system?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
You have my attention...
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Re: Any clues? New Clive coffee brewing system?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »
Only to speculate but there are two clues in the picture that may set this product apart.

With a name like ratio, a system that helps with the brew calculation and weighing process many go through today or find to tedious to bother with.

A glass carafe and portions of a cone looking filter..

jbviau

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
I've seen the specs on this machine. They sent me an access code for the full site after I requested one here:

ratiocoffee.com/access

So, go for it! Also, I got quick, detailed answers to a few questions when I posed them via email to Mark Hellweg.

I imagine "ratio" refers to the fact that the machine "automatically determines the amount of water you've added to the tank and adjusts the brewing time accordingly." It won't tell you how much ground coffee to add though. ;)

The carafe is custom, designed to work with Chemex paper filters or the Able Kone. You'll be able to use a Chemex in place of the carafe with the help of a conversion kit.

Ratio is asking for people *not* to share images or access codes via social media, but I'm happy to partially answer questions without posting huge copy/paste chunks of info. until the site goes public.

BoldJava

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 05:57:09 AM »

The carafe is custom, designed to work with Chemex paper filters or the Able Kone. You'll be able to use a Chemex in place of the carafe with the help of a conversion kit.

Ratio is asking for people *not* to share images or access codes via social media, but I'm happy to partially answer questions without posting huge copy/paste chunks of info. until the site goes public.

Someone can grab a KONE and the Ratio and get a traveling road show ready?

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
This is an expensive roadshow. Just shy of $500.

Trifecta home territory.

jbviau

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »
^^^ Yup, $$$. Your access code also entitles you to $85 off.

Chris, the Ratio site doesn't mention brew temp., so I asked Mark. He said it's between 200 and 202 in most cases (not adjustable), and that the "electronic control board has onboard ambient temperature sensors to adjust to different climates." Ratio is in many ways the anti-Brazen.