Author Topic: Venus to andreja  (Read 1318 times)

silicon

Venus to andreja
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:57:39 AM »
I bought a Isomac Venus used (7-8 years old ?) , I clean it (lot of grey dirt in the boiler) change all the joint, and now it works like a charm ,actually I am installing a auber PID to have a better temperature control , the grinder is an isomac macinino  (7-8 years also). To be honest I am happy with this pattern (i drink 2-3 espresso a day, same for my wife), with don't use the steam (capuccino)
I finish the installation of the PID (auber 1512) température is well controlled but it's slow , I will have to ply with PID numbers..

Recently I receive an offer for a quick mill andreja with a macap , both are 7 years old but the owner keep them in good shape,  Is it really a big upgrade with my venus/macinino ? and should I expect troubles are coming with a 7 years andreja ? For the grinder I suppose I will have to change the burrs.

I use the venus for a few month , master it (if we can pretend that) but why don't drink better if it's possible.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Venus to andreja
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:27 AM »
Try a third thread in a third forum...   ::)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

silicon

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:26:07 AM »
Sorry ,Seeing the no answer I supposed the first message was in the wrong thread, I can't move it, so I repeat the message.

Hope it's ok.

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 11:55:49 AM »

Hope it's ok.

You'll learn to ignore me before long.

Some yokel slapped the title of warden on me, and I do my best to live up to it, mainly out of boredom.

Do you know if the Andrea's current owner was the original owner, and what if any repairs he's already done?  Even if he took good care of it, 7 years is a long time, and it might be a headache waiting to happen. 

If the new equipment is in fact a very good deal, would you consider buying it, playing with it, and then making up your mind?

silicon

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
I don't know personnaly the owner , I just know he lives in an area where the water hardness  is 1.5, so it's under the 3.0 and use the city water, he bought the andreja used 3 years ago.

The negotiation price for the andreja and a macap M4 is in the 8-900$ bracket (both same age) , the burr on the macap are original so I presume I will have to change them soon, I suppose the andreja will need some repair (soon ?) due the 7 years age old.

Basically I was just looking for a good grinder but found this offer, so I think about that...

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
It sounds like you're happy already, and the question is, will you be happier with the other equipment, yes?

The knowledge base here is fairly broad, but if nobody with experience in these machines/grinders chimes in soon you may consider asking the folks at homebarista.com.

silicon

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
Thank you Peter for your answers

Apparently the différence of taste between my actual Venus with PID and one with the E61 group will be marginal, one of the interest of the E61 group is if you make a lot of espresso and capuccino , but normally I just make 2-3 so the venus boiler is not a problem.

I will take a decision soon....

GC7

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
I've had my qm Anita for five years now and it's been reliable while making great espresso. It's a lot like Andreja. That said I don't think its a big upgrade for you. If it were me I would save my shekels for a sweet db machine and first make sure the grinder is up to the task.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:27:04 PM by GC7 »