Author Topic: 2# Sonofresco, Like New, $2200  (Read 8195 times)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
2# Sonofresco, Like New, $2200
« on: October 12, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
Found this Sonofresco on another coffee forum.  Price includes free shipping.

Sonofresco STILL AVAILABLE. Pictures available upon request. Send inquiries to Sheila@wisecoffee.com. Or you can call me directly at 310-248-4848. Pictures available upon request! Motivated to sell!
Sonofresco 2-lb. Roaster for sale. Fluid bed. Produces 2 pounds of roasted beans per 18 minute cycle, approx. 50 pounds per 8-hour day. Red Powder finish. Propane or Natural Gas fuel; and 120v/60hz. LIKE NEW. Used only few times. Perfect condition, just switched to all electric roasting. Bought 2 yrs ago. Paid $3500 new, will accept $2200 USD, includes shipping/tax (if applicable).
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

jspain

Re: 2# Sonofresco, Like New, $2200
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
Excellent buy! "If it's like new?"

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 07:00:04 PM »
Excellent buy! "If it's like new?"

I just looked back in that thread and see it was originally posted in March of this year, so the seller may be getting more motivated.

I think Joe needs one of these.

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
Why would switching to all electric make any sense?
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 07:26:40 PM »
Why would switching to all electric make any sense?

I've seen a couple instances where people bought a gas roaster, but when they finally found a commercial setting, such as a bank lobby or mall, that the requirements were all-electric.

Offline Smksignals

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 09:04:50 PM »
Thanks for the post Peter. I can confirm the roaster is definitely in new condition. Fired up my first roast on it tonight. :)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
Thanks for the post Peter. I can confirm the roaster is definitely in new condition. Fired up my first roast on it tonight. :)

Awesome, man!!!

I'll PM my address so you can send my finder's fee.

jspain

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 04:29:33 AM »

Comgrats! That's a steal!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 02:50:03 PM »
Still the best deal for a commercial roaster. Used Sonofresco's just make sense. I look at these and I can't see any reason someone would want to spend a minimum of 2x-3x as much on a commercial drum, that takes up 3x as much room. I can see the economics on large size roasters but for the roasters most of us use, how do you justify getting a drum roaster at say $6k?

Seriously curious.
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
It's because some of us prefer to bake our beans.   ;D

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »

For 2-3X the price?  8) ;D

aside from the it tastes more to my liking. Economically speaking...how do you get yourself to drop the "qwan" like that?

Offline peter

• Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »

aside from the it tastes more to my liking. Economically speaking...how do you get yourself to drop the "qwan" like that?

I guess it's like anything in life; once you can justify what you desire, you figure out how to pay for it.  If I'm driving my '98 Accord and it's perfectly safe, reliable, and comfortable, I could ask the same thing you are about those driving Audis and Bimmers.  I just have to remind myself that what's right/justifiable in my mind might not be right/justifiable in another person's mind.

As for roasters, it opens up the whole can 'o worms regarding features/controllability, and whether a person thinks those kinds of things are worth the extra "qwan".  Is that like zarf, BTW?

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2014, 04:03:52 PM »

I guess it's like anything in life; once you can justify what you desire, you figure out how to pay for it.  If I'm driving my '98 Accord and it's perfectly safe, reliable, and comfortable, I could ask the same thing you are about those driving Audis and Bimmers.  I just have to remind myself that what's right/justifiable in my mind might not be right/justifiable in another person's mind.

As for roasters, it opens up the whole can 'o worms regarding features/controllability, and whether a person thinks those kinds of things are worth the extra "qwan".  Is that like zarf, BTW?
"qwan"- Jerry Mcguire quote for lot's o cash.

Well I used to have a Bimmer, now got a infiniti, but I would much rather drive a Subaru STi unfortunately my job requires a certain status of car. I think most people drive a car that costs what they can afford or is expected of them at their position. They can't show everyone their pocketbooks for instance "so there is my Lambo", you get the picture real quick what kind of qwan the guy/gal has.

So it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why a personal roaster or even a small business roaster would look past a sonofresco on the way to an Ambex, or dietrich, Us Roaster, etc..unless the business justified it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:07:32 PM by Joe »

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:39 PM »
So, how does it work all electric?  Can it provide the BTU's needed to do the job w/o pushing the last second on the roast and without having a 30 minute 'roast' / 'bake' ?

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »
So it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why a personal roaster or even a small business roaster would look past a sonofresco on the way to an Ambex, or dietrich, Us Roaster, etc..unless the business justified it.
It probably comes down to personal taste. The Sonofresco roasts are brighter than a drum roast
Curly

I hear that and I'm not disagreeing with it- secretly I am, but lets just say I don't.

I see used sonofresco's on CL/Ebay at $1000 all day long some less $500-800 for 1lb models. Ambex etc $4000+......Businesswise makes 0% sense. On a personal; I have to have it regardless of cost 10% makes sense. On a; I have big amounts of disposable income then 100% look at my lambo and my Ambex.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:23:55 PM by Joe »