Author Topic: If you're really nuts...  (Read 2822 times)

Tex

Re: If you're really nuts...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Wow ... around 30 minutes left ... it may well go for under $750 ... are you in?

:)

Mightily tempted, but I promised someone that I wouldn't compete for this one.  :-X

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
Mrs. Tex ... right ... go on ... with you having mastered the art of "smooth talk" it should be a piece of cake.

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »
Mrs. Tex ... right ... go on ... with you having mastered the art of "smooth talk" it should be a piece of cake.

Secret #1 of fight club; only fight when you want to win!

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 10:09:04 AM »

Hmm ... so in summary ... although you're lusting ... it does not qualify for a fight.

lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »

Hmm ... so in summary ... although you're lusting ... it does not qualify for a fight.

Damn right! Mrs T's idea of getting even usually entails a visit to the auction houses in Houston or Dallas. Ever seen what a Gustav Stickley dining room suite goes for these days?  :o

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
Damn right! Mrs T's idea of getting even usually entails a visit to the auction houses in Houston or Dallas. Ever seen what a Gustav Stickley dining room suite goes for these days?  :o

Ha ha ... oh come on Robert ... you know you want to give her a Gustav Stickley.

;)
lp, 7-Ski

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »
For 7 grand, I think I'd rather have one of these

I don't know enough about either one of these machines to know which will pull the better shot; I only know that they both are capable of producing much better shots than me.

I also know that the chances of me dropping 7 grand on an espresso machine are slim to none  :)
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Tex

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »

Ha ha ... oh come on Robert ... you know you want to give her a Gustav Stickley.

;)

The first three times, yeah I did! ::)

Tex

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 11:10:21 AM »
I also know that the chances of me dropping 7 grand on an espresso machine are slim to none  :)

Me too - not for financial reasons; it just grates on my nerves to spend that kind of money! Especially when my $400 Bunn ES-1A makes perfectly good espresso.  :)

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »

Me too - not for financial reasons; it just grates on my nerves to spend that kind of money! Especially when my $400 Bunn ES-1A makes perfectly good espresso.  :)

Although...every one needs art in their house, yes?  7 grand seems pretty cheap by art standards  ;D  Maybe if I had a bigger nook...

"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Tex

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »

Although...every one needs art in their house, yes?  7 grand seems pretty cheap by art standards  ;D  Maybe if I had a bigger nook...

I want to see this guy "Art's" house! http://www.voorheescraftsman.com/category.html?categoryID=090

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 01:54:58 PM »
lp, 7-Ski

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 02:08:37 PM »

I want to see this guy "Art's" house! http://www.voorheescraftsman.com/category.html?categoryID=090

Hrmmmm...I wonder what they want for this:

That would look very nice in our home office  ;D

Tex

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

Hrmmmm...I wonder what they want for this:

That would look very nice in our home office  ;D

Those usually go for $2800 - 3500.