Author Topic: Expobar/Marcuzzi Office Control  (Read 1049 times)

jstidley

Expobar/Marcuzzi Office Control
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:31:43 AM »

Since I am new to this I need some collective advice on a machine that was offered to me by the guy I bought my grinder from.

It is Marcuzzi/Expobar Office Control and is said to be lightly used (I haven't seen it in person to verify it yet). They retail for over $1000 today and don't seem to be very popular as I can't find any used for sale to establish a good used price. It is an HX machine. The yellow will clash with my wife's kitchen.

What would you think this is worth used, assuming that it is "lightly used"? Is this really a quality machine?

I've also been looking at this Conti Club, as this appears to be a much nicer machine, however my guess is the price will dramatically increase before the end of the auction.

I realize its up to me to make the decision however I'd still like your opinions (I know you have them).

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:11:07 PM by Joe »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Expobar/Marcuzzi Office Control
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
Yeah ... I can give you my opinion ... but that is all it is ... as a price is established by the least amount of money the buyer will take and the most that a buyer will spend.  If he is very motivated maybe around $500 ... but in my opinion you would do better if you look elsewhere ... check out a recent thread started by Tex here on his search criteria for espresso machines and grinders. 

I think you may do better there.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

yorel23

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:24 AM »
This is basically the machine that you are looking at (I think):

Gets pretty good reviews over there.  Has he mentioned a price range at all?  The yellow is definitely, well...... unique I guess.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 12:17:41 PM by Joe »

jstidley

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 11:41:24 AM »
His starting price is $550, no shipping costs, and there may be a little negotiation room.

What I am really concerned about is repair costs and overall quality. Sure it is a HX machine and sure it is in Expobar's "Office" line of products. I've read some of the reviews and it seems to come out pretty good.

yorel23

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »
His starting price is $550, no shipping costs, and there may be a little negotiation room.

What I am really concerned about is repair costs and overall quality. Sure it is a HX machine and sure it is in Expobar's "Office" line of products. I've read some of the reviews and it seems to come out pretty good.

The color would be a deal killer for me :-X.  But if you can stand the color, find it in good shape, and get it down around $400, it seems like a  good machine.  Not as good a deal as the $150 Oscar in my opinion, but a good deal nonetheless.

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 12:00:42 PM »
I like the color...matches my motorcycle  ;D
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:13:45 PM »
didn't a member here recently rebuild one that looked like this one???  I think it should be easy enough to strip down for a deep clean and send the yellow piece out to powder coat... or if it were me...  ::) and it was truly lightly used... plug it in and run it till the wife decides what color she wants it... then tell her the cost (including PID and other mods ;)

mattquist

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »
I think the rebuild that you are in reference to is me....I rebuilt an expobar 2 group commercial.  However, I think that the office machines are a different breed entirely.  FWIW, I'd rebuild a dozen of the expobar's before I'll tackle another bunn----Anyone want a project?  Link is: http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=6125.0  I can't complain about the machine, and have been happy.  Standard internal parts are available through cafeparts, but anything external (drip tray) and it starts getting hard.

I bought my machine with a cunill brasil grinder for $200.  Re-powdercoat cost me $72, and that included sandblast, prep, prime, and paint. 

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 03:42:27 PM »
I think the rebuild that you are in reference to is me....I rebuilt an expobar 2 group commercial.  However, I think that the office machines are a different breed entirely.  FWIW, I'd rebuild a dozen of the expobar's before I'll tackle another bunn----Anyone want a project?  Link is: http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=6125.0  I can't complain about the machine, and have been happy.  Standard internal parts are available through cafeparts, but anything external (drip tray) and it starts getting hard.

I bought my machine with a cunill brasil grinder for $200.  Re-powdercoat cost me $72, and that included sandblast, prep, prime, and paint. 

yup.. that was the one...  :)