Author Topic: grinder doser questions  (Read 691 times)

waltfb

grinder doser questions
« on: November 14, 2009, 03:34:54 PM »
Hey guys,

I have a Bunn ES-2G grinder.  It was actually made by Cunill although I can't tell from the pictures which Cunill model it is.  I bought it from e-bay and it was missing some non-essential parts like the bean funnel and the lid for the doser.  It works fine except I took it apart to clean it and I'm not sure if I got the doser back together correctly.  There is a metal plate which I think goes between the top and bottom parts of the star.  It has a tab on it that looks as if it should go in a slot on the drum.  There is nothing to hold it in that slot and it rotates with the star.  Is that the correct operation?  Also there are two pieces sticking up from the star opposite each other.  One is the "wiper" that rubs the side of the drum, the other a metal wire with a loop on the top end.  What is the metal wire for?  It seems to be of no purpose.  A lot of coffee hangs up in the opening to the doser drum because of the metal deflector that also is used  to shut the motor off if the drum is full. I'll never grind more than one dose of coffee at a time. There is no way for me to get that coffee out because of that metal piece is in the way and I don't want it to sit in there until the next time I grind a dose.  I don't need stale coffee in half the dose. Any suggestions?  Tex and any other grinder experts out there?

Thanks,

Walt

Tex

Re: grinder doser questions
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
Post a pic & someone will help you.

Tex

Re: grinder doser questions
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »
Does this help?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 04:15:10 PM by Tex »