Author Topic: Another toy for me too!!  (Read 1850 times)

milowebailey

Another toy for me too!!
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
I scored an almost new Gaggia Espresso.

It was used 7 - 10 times over the last 3 years and stored in a closet.  It looks and runs like a brand-new machine.  Complete with all the accessories, manual... $85 ;D ;D

This one's going to the cabin.  I'll probably cut my teeth on the Coffee for the PID mod and then do the Espresso... ok, I'm done getting machines for now......

Tex

Re: Another toy for me too!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 08:42:26 PM »

It was used 7 - 10 times over the last 3 years and stored in a closet.  It looks and runs like a brand-new machine.  Complete with all the accessories, manual... $85 ;D ;D

This one's going to the cabin.  I'll probably cut my teeth on the Coffee for the PID mod and then do the Espresso... ok, I'm done getting machines for now......

You're just saying that to lull me and Warrior to sleep. But I'm willing to call a truce if you are? ;)

BTW: The Espresso makes a good modders machine. Slap a PID & OPV on it and you're good.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 08:50:33 PM »

You're just saying that to lull me and Warrior to sleep. But I'm willing to call a truce if you are? ;)

BTW: The Espresso makes a good modders machine. Slap a PID & OPV on it and you're good.

Don't forget the Sylvia mod for the frou frou drinks.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

milowebailey

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 08:55:36 PM »

Oh crap, I have 3 PIDs and 4 machines..... hmmmm back to Ebay...

Tex

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:55 AM »

Oh crap, I have 3 PIDs and 4 machines..... hmmmm back to Ebay...

Where you'll find an irresistible deal on 3 controllers, so you'll have to get 2 more espresso machines so the PID's don't go to waste. It's a never-ending cycle!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »
Larry,

You probably already have some in your stash, but I have a couple of SSR's I want to get rid of. I bought a lot when I PID'ed my Classic because it was cheaper than buying 2 SSRs at retail.

milowebailey

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
Larry,

You probably already have some in your stash, but I have a couple of SSR's I want to get rid of. I bought a lot when I PID'ed my Classic because it was cheaper than buying 2 SSRs at retail.

What current rating are the contacts?

Offline doubleosoul

• Standard User
  • Blues ain't nothing but a good woman gone bad
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:36:25 AM »
I have to ask... what is a OPV? I never figured that one out.
And about the Gaggia... as we say in Canada... he shoots, he scores! (Good catch)!
"Why don't you come on board Brother, and believe in me? And for a small fee, I'll set you free, near thy God to thee." Daddy Rich/Car Wash/Richard Pryor

Tex

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:58 AM »
I have to ask... what is a OPV? I never figured that one out.
And about the Gaggia... as we say in Canada... he shoots, he scores! (Good catch)!

AIR BALL - AIR BALL - AIR BALL

See my post about tuning Gaggia's.

milowebailey

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »
Over Pressure Valve

When you install the PID you disable the temperature sensor and the OPV is a safety valve, and regulates the pressure.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:41:18 AM by milowebailey »

Tex

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
Over Pressure Valve

When you install the PID you disable the temperature sensor and the OPV is a safety valve, and regulates the pressure.

Close, but no ceegar! The PID does replace the brew tstat, but there's still a thermal fuse to protect against over heating. The adjustable OPV regulates the pressure for brewing; 9 bar is considered optimum and vibe pumps being capable of ~15 bar.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2009, 12:53:53 PM »
Larry,

What current rating are the contacts?

I'll check when I get home.

Gompas

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
Me too, me too, me too.
UPS just delivered my new Classic....

Wow....she's shiny !!!!

Susan

milowebailey

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 06:35:37 PM »
Me too, me too, me too.

Wow....she's shiny !!!!

Susan
very cool.  I'm excited for you!  Enjoy and get that thing PIDed

Gompas

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »
Me too, me too, me too.

Wow....she's shiny !!!!

Susan
very cool.  I'm excited for you!  Enjoy and get that thing PIDed

Jim Gallt is going to send me new velcro strips for attaching the box to the side of the machine. 
Until they come I'm going to have to do it just like most of the people on the planet who own these machines, and have no idea what a PID is.....:-))))   Actually it's a daunting thought.  I've relied on the PID for so long that the idea of not having it as my "governor" is a bit unnerving.

Susan