Author Topic: Thermos test Stanley vs Rocky  (Read 4819 times)

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
Re: Thermos test Stanley vs Rocky
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »
You got yourself a deal there John.   That is the all steel one right... ie if I drop the  thing onto the concrete from around 5 feet it won't shatter into a thousand pieces right?

Aaron

If you drop it from 10 feet you might dent it.

All steel except the handle, lid/cup interior, and the stopper.

It's the big honkin' green machine.

PM me your address and once you get it just shoot me some greens of whatever you think is fair...now don't be unloading your old and faded stock on me sir..  ;)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 04:39:12 PM »
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A 3 pointer from out of nowhere...  ;)
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A 3 pointer from out of nowhere...  ;)

A 3 pointer from Dr. Abdul freshcoffee Gibar!

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
  • Psalms 118:8
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
You got yourself a deal there John.   That is the all steel one right... ie if I drop the  thing onto the concrete from around 5 feet it won't shatter into a thousand pieces right?

Aaron

If you drop it from 10 feet you might dent it.

All steel except the handle, lid/cup interior, and the stopper.

It's the big honkin' green machine.

PM me your address and once you get it just shoot me some greens of whatever you think is fair...now don't be unloading your old and faded stock on me sir..  ;)
Very durable.Will take a lot of abuse.If it is dropped and hits lid first (even a glancing blow) game over...My 2 cents
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Very durable.Will take a lot of abuse.If it is dropped and hits lid first (even a glancing blow) game over...My 2 cents

I notice they have part numbers listed on the bottom for the handle, stopper, and cup.

If you have the cup on I'm wondering if you can order a new one should you ding it up too badly. ??

Lee Morrison

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
Test #3 needs to be the 24 hour,preheated 212* water.untouched,unopened.before you barter the Stanley away.
Pull shots left handed.    Is that like getting a little 'strange' in your coffee cup... 

Aaron

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:38 PM »
Test #3 needs to be the 24 hour,preheated 212* water.untouched,unopened.before you barter the Stanley away.

Too late...it's going to the A man.

I am satisfied with the heat retention at this point but damn it's a humongous bottle.  ;D

I think he will use it for fishing trips or something and I'm probably not gonna as long as I don't loose/break the Rock.

Lee Morrison

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »
I'm probably not gonna as long as I don't loose/break the Rock.

This reminds me ... we have a retailer in Canada ... called Canadian Tire ... I am going to get a couple of backup Rock's.  This rendition of the Thermos SS is the best I've owned.  In the summer they have a blow out sale pricing them at $20.00 which is a great price for a 1 liter Thermos.

:)
lp, 7-Ski

Offline 4thJohn

• Standard User
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

So I did the untechnical, 24 hour, pre heated,undisturbed hot coffee in the thermos(Stanley) experiment yesterday.Pre heated with hot tap water at 0615.Poured out water and pour into thermos fresh press pot 0630.0700 this morning a nice hot cup of coffee.The coffee was just hot enough that you could not chug it,It still needed to be sipped.

Aaron

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
John F, beans are on the way to you.  I sent them postal priority flat rate box.  They should be reaching you monday Id think.  Lemme know when they get there and what you think after roasting them.

Thanks again

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
IMHO, Stanley thermos it the best one out there. I've tried several different brands but none seem to have the heat retention of the Stanley.

Careful ... technically these are flasks ... Stanley is a make and Thermos is another make.  Sometimes for expediency or maybe by accident we refer to the flasks as Stanley or Thermos.

Semantics.mp,
if I come to your house and say "lets go get a coke"i may get a DP and you may get a root beer.Technically we went to get a coke...   :-)

Generally we would go out for a soda or pop.  Specifically you had a Diet Pepsi and I had a Root Beer.

Its just a level of detail.

My 2 cents.

mp,
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yes technically if you are anywhere close to Waco,Tx.,DP is Dr.Pepper. ;)

Aha ... I failed to recognize that you were chancuffing me.

;D

And the Olympic gold metal for thread drift goes to..... ;D :D

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2010, 11:01:26 AM »
IMHO, Stanley thermos it the best one out there. I've tried several different brands but none seem to have the heat retention of the Stanley.

Careful ... technically these are flasks ... Stanley is a make and Thermos is another make.  Sometimes for expediency or maybe by accident we refer to the flasks as Stanley or Thermos.

Semantics.mp,
if I come to your house and say "lets go get a coke"i may get a DP and you may get a root beer.Technically we went to get a coke...   :-)

Generally we would go out for a soda or pop.  Specifically you had a Diet Pepsi and I had a Root Beer.

Its just a level of detail.

My 2 cents.

mp,
I was chancuffing you....     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yes technically if you are anywhere close to Waco,Tx.,DP is Dr.Pepper. ;)

Aha ... I failed to recognize that you were chancuffing me.

;D

And the Olympic gold metal for thread drift goes to..... ;D :D

:laughing4:
lp, 7-Ski

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2010, 02:54:05 PM »
John F, beans are on the way to you. 

Thanks Brother....

Brown has the big honkin' Thermos heading your way as well. I will PM a tracking # after my next trip to the car where I left it sitting on the dash so I don't forget to bring it in.  :-X

Lee Morrison