Author Topic: A good single cup pour over?  (Read 3215 times)

gotnoname19

A good single cup pour over?
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:11:11 AM »
I'm looking for a good, non-plastic single cup pour over. Anybody know where I can get one?

Tex

Re: A good single cup pour over?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 06:35:35 AM »
Take your pick, but the one I use is the cheapo Melitta cone. Why do you eschew plastic?

milowebailey

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:48:59 AM »
The Bee house would be my choice... and I have a Hario which I like too.

Tex

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:54:22 AM »
The Bee house would be my choice... and I have a Hario which I like too.

Dude, you'll never catch up to me in the toy department - Think quality, not quantity! ;D

gotnoname19

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 07:06:31 AM »
Take your pick, but the one I use is the cheapo Melitta cone. Why do you eschew plastic?

In an ever-increasingly plastic world, I try to use as little as possible, especially in the kitchen. Its just tacky and gross to me.

I love wood, glass, and corduroy; I guess I'm just old school when it comes to my materials.

CAGurl

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:20:35 AM »
I love my new Hario 02. 
I still want a Hario 01.
(see Week 3 in the Coffeekids auction!!!)

Note, however, that the Hario needs to be a vessel which allows air to escape, otherwise the water will not flow through the grounds no matter how coarse or how fine they are ground.

Susan 

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:36:16 AM »
This is my biggest problem with this group, you are alway two steps ahead.  Back in March they started talking espresso, I got a Silva, Then all Vac Pot, so I gat a vac pot, my wife is starting to make fun of me already.  Then you convinced me I needed something that looks like it came from the doctors office to make coffee, wonder were it is now? Then the Clever Coffee Dipper was the best, Now is Harrio with a special kettle.  So what will it  be best next month?  I am a toy kind of guy but you dudes blow past me, my wife really makes fun of me now. ;D
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

crholliday

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »
... my wife really makes fun of me now.

That is a sign that you are doing it right!

BoldJava

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:38:51 AM »
This is my biggest problem with this group, you are alway two steps ahead.  Back in March they started talking espresso, I got a Silva, Then all Vac Pot, so I gat a vac pot, my wife is starting to make fun of me already.  Then you convinced me I needed something that looks like it came from the doctors office to make coffee, wonder were it is now? Then the Clever Coffee Dipper was the best, Now is Harrio with a special kettle.  So what will it  be best next month?  I am a toy kind of guy but you dudes blow past me, my wife really makes fun of me now. ;D

Post of the year.  I broke out laughing when I read it.  Perfectly scripted, well delivered, and true.

B|Java, now with a "day made"

BoldJava

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:44 AM »
I'm looking for a good, non-plastic single cup pour over. Anybody know where I can get one?

I am with you.  I avoid plastic just because I can.  Detest the stuff because it is a metaphor for our culture.  Love porcelain, ceramic.

Milo is right.  Look at the Bee House set-up at Clive Coffee (or the auction, week 3?) or grab a Hario (some week as well).  But be advised, Susan has a bulls-eye on that Hario and you may fade in her dust.

Note:  My Hario takes about 5% more coffee for same volume of water if that is an issue for you.

B|AnythingButPlastic

gotnoname19

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 08:01:53 AM »

I avoid plastic just because I can.  Detest the stuff because it is a metaphor for our culture.  Love porcelain, ceramic.

Right on brother (stands with arm extended upward, fist to the sky)

Tex

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »

These work great if you like NO style cafe au lait?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 08:30:45 AM »
My vote goes to the BeeHouse, with any one of their tea pots to serve as the carafe.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

CAGurl

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 08:39:33 AM »
My Hario V60 #02 now proudly sits on this
http://tinyurl.com/24agszz

(Happily Soule Studios is local for me and has  warehouse sales twice a year !!!!!)

Susan

GC7

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »
My cleaver drippers at home and work have replaced other brewed coffee devices for 90% of our non-espresso coffee needs.  We use a Pino kettle which keeps the water at just the right tepmerature for brewing.