Author Topic: Going back to Thailand and gonna visit Charis project  (Read 11913 times)

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
Going back to Thailand and gonna visit Charis project
« on: March 07, 2019, 01:08:03 AM »
My son Noah and I will be heading out April 22-30 to visit the kids at Klong Toei, Bangkok, Thailand host an English camp and the Charis Project. Let me know if you would like to donate. If you need more info of what we will be doing there please pm me and I'll get you what you need.

Direct link to donation page:
Thailand mission giving

Here is a photo from last year's English camp
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:56:13 AM by Joe »
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline slim

• Standard User
Re: Going back to Thailand and gonna visit Charis project
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 05:57:55 AM »
I'm in.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 09:40:07 AM »

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 10:27:18 AM »
i?m in.
I read their site.
Human trafficking is reprehensible. I wish them well.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
i?m in.
I read their site.
Human trafficking is reprehensible. I wish them well.

Thanks bro and I agree. The Bangkok vineyard where the English camp is works along side with Charis project but their mission is to the kids at klong Toei. I will be going to both this year.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 12:41:29 PM by Joe »

hananonn

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 02:58:11 PM »
Hey Joe.
Yes its Hanan...:) after so long but still a fan. Stumbled on this. Since I live now in Thailand most of the Time, involved with my own Green project (trying to sway poor farmers in the northeast from burning their rice fields by utilizing goats grazing) I thought to commend your contribution. I also improved my drum roaster and will post once The prototype is complete.
Best wishes.
Hanan Onn 

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 04:54:45 PM »
Wow!  What a blast from the past.   Nice to see you posting, Hanan.  Some of us had given you up for dead, like maybe Mossad had come for you or something.   :)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

hananonn

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 09:53:14 PM »
Same here mr. Schmit, A pleasure indeed.
 And, Yap, lots of waters, ups and downs. Was busy retiring from the mossad but I had to do "one more,a little thing As they say. this took years:). Moved to thailand for cleansing, and improve my photography, my guide turned out to be an avid photographer herself. The rest is history. We will open the only 3rd wave cafe in Pathumrat ratachani wong sa Na wa Hin Kong......Soon.
I will post when my roaster will be complete:  A drum roaster with beans prob and elimination of the need to secure the drum to the drive.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 07:24:56 AM »
Good to hear from you! Nice, I was just in Maesot last month and went to Myanmar briefly over the border, I think that is Northwest if I have my geography correct. Amazing place and the work Charis project is doing with the families in the region is awesome. It was really a pleasure to visit with them for a few days. I'll post some pictures soon but I have been slammed at work and our whole family went through some sicknesses so that is the reason for the delay.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 12:53:37 PM »
Noah and myself along with a small team of individuals will be heading back April 16th or so this year and we are planning on a very similar itinerary. I should be placing some coffee's marked up for fundraising and posting more details as we get closer. GCBC showed up big last year and both New Dawn Vineyard and the Charis project wanted me to express their gratitude.

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 02:34:52 PM »
I am going again in late April, (Corona Virus) willing we have a layover in Shanghai China both directions. I am leading a team of 4 including Noah my son who is now 12 for his second trip. We had hoped to squeeze Laos in to this trip as well but I think it might be a little more risky this trip and so I will make it a priority next trip. We will be going to Mae Sot again though to visit Charis project and will probably hop over to Myanmar to visit with the refugee people groups that Charis project helps when they go to Thailand.

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »
Good Luck on that Joe, I hope they let you go and there are no quarantines etc with this virus taking off.  Unfortunately I can see a lot more stupidity happening before the hysteria calms down on this one.  With luck the delay is minimal and you can get your trip off and enjoy it under a bit more of a leisurely atmosphere.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 03:14:25 PM »
yep the current risk is that we have a self quarantine when we get back in the states. basically avoid people for 14 days. Assuming the mandatory quarantine or airline cancellations don't increase that should be the expectation. We are flying with china eastern so they probably wont cancel the flights

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 03:27:07 PM »
avoid dealing with other people for 14 days.  Well hell Joe, that sounds like a vacation after the vacation!  I don't see that being a problem at all if you ask me :D

To be honest, this damned bug is all over the world already, who are they trying to lie to?  Too many people did travel and that cats long out of the bag.  If they'd stop with the hysteria and tell people it's really just a nasty flu, none of these histrionics (+5) would be necessary.

See if you can score us a heads up on some good coffee's while you are in Myanmar.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 03:59:17 PM »
none of these histrionics (+5)
Aaron

Noted and scored.

Yeah for sure. The flu kills way more than these viruses every year. But that is due to crazy work behind the scenes. There is a netflix special called pandemic.. It's really worth a watch. Avian flu's (this is not one) are the most crazy the last one had like 60% mortality rate. I don't scoff at it but I am definitely more afraid of the mosquito born illnesses when I am in South East asia, they are much more common,