Coffee Discussion boards > GCBC Hardware reviews by Admins

OXO Good Grips pour over with hot water tank review complete

<< < (5/5)

Joe:

--- Quote from: BoredMortician on January 22, 2017, 12:31:13 PM ---Hey Joe,
Thanks for posting the review! It was very thorough and helpful.

--- End quote ---

My pleasure. Thanks for watching.

mp:
Thanks Joe!

Great review.Thanks for taking the time to review this. I like it.

:)

Perlandra:
Well, I did buy the OXO from Amazon. I actually tried to buy local first, but there was none to be found, even at Someone's In The Kitchen. First off, I only used 10 G of grounds, drip, that I use in my Keurig. Figured it would be enough for an 8 oz. mug. I found it was too weak for me. Played around with it a bit more and ended up grinding (using Virtuoso grinder) it at about a 16 and then used 14-15 grams. Interesting that the Keurig 2.0 uses less coffee than the OXO.

Also interesting was your take on the natural filters. How true... they smell horrible and taste terrible. I had always heard that the "natural" filter was better, so I had purchased a bunch at Sam's. I don't like them! Even after you have wet it thoroughly, you have that smell. Coffee was fine, but I may just throw the natural filters away. I do like the easy cleanup and I do like the fact that it "slowly" drips through the coffee grounds. Didn't time it, but will. May just use this at my Farmer's Market shows for samples of Japanese iced coffee this summer.

Have you ever tried the Bonavita pour-over? I was looking at that, too, but it's so expensive; probably due to the ceramic.

Thanks for the tip on this OXO. I know several who might be interested in it when they just want a one-cupper.

Nancy

Joe:
I used the OXO grips pour over for a youth winter retreat this past weekend. It performed well. I definitely found it easier to work with than the freiling one-cupper, but I wasn't in a situation where the equipment space had to be small. Combined with some Amaro Gayo, white filters, and a west German hand mill....heaven.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version