Coffee Discussion boards > GCBC Hardware reviews by Admins

OXO Good Grips pour over with hot water tank review complete

<< < (2/5) > >>

Joe:
It's a fair comparison between the two. Yes exactly I like your acronym. If you like paper filters - I do, or if you like swiss gold filters- I do, then that will probably shape your decision on this product. For me I like both but for convenience I think I personally would use the Freiling Gold one cupper more often. I do think there are benefits to both but cleaning the swiss gold is a bit more work where just tossing the filter in the compost is effortless, so if clean up is not your thing the OXO will make you happier.

Ascholten:
To be  honest Joe, I don't care WHAT brewer you use, over time the oils and fines will accumulate.  SG in the holes, others in the 'flow control devices' whatever you call them.  I strongly recommend that your brewing device be thrown in the ultrasonic cleaner at least once every few months.  You may think you are cleaning it even lightly scrubbing it, but when you see what comes out in the USC you will be amazed.

Aaron

Joe:
what ultrasonic cleaner would you recommend

Ascholten:
I have two actually,  I got an industrial one but those can be expensive for the average person.
I have also used extensively for my SG's prior to the big one,  one of the  harbor freight ones and it's worked very well actually.
http://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-63256.html

I noticed that the price went up a bit since I bought mine but it works well and can hold up to 3 at a time.

Aaron

Ascholten:
Also, since we are talking about cleaning coffee partses and stuffs.
Yes you can buy a little 4 oz can or whatever it is coffee pot cleaner for 6 bucks, or you can spend an extra 2 dollars and get the exact same chemical in a 6 pound jug in the pool section.  It is called PH Add of PH Up.  It's sodium carbonate.

Aaron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version