Coffee Discussion boards > GCBC Hardware reviews by Admins

OXO Barista Brain 9 cup brewer Admin Review

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joe:
review is up.

not on video review but I'll post here. I have been using the OXO brewer for about a week and the coffee quality seems to be sweeter than my Technivorm with the same coffee. Definitely better than the Bonavita quality. It is priced around $200, so priced inbetween the Technivorm and Bonavita. The price point is ideal I believe for someone not yet ready to plunk down the cash on a technivorm. Durability would be my main concern.

Ascholten:
you say it's sweeter than on the TV.   Maybe you need to twiddle with your TV technique a bit.  the TV is very versatile that way and you can do a lot with it to change the coffee profile.

You said this has more tech than the TV, while tech is cool, it's also more stuff to break in the long run.  Gizmoier does not necessarily make it better.  Nothing against the oxo, just a general statement.

I have a few TV's which I love because they are durable and well... fairly simple for in the office so I don't have to teach a bunch of knuckle dragging hammer swinging mechanics how to make good coffee hehe.

Aaron

Joe:

--- Quote from: Ascholten on July 22, 2017, 12:14:54 PM ---you say it's sweeter than on the TV.   Maybe you need to twiddle with your TV technique a bit.  the TV is very versatile that way and you can do a lot with it to change the coffee profile.

You said this has more tech than the TV, while tech is cool, it's also more stuff to break in the long run.  Gizmoier does not necessarily make it better.  Nothing against the oxo, just a general statement.

I have a few TV's which I love because they are durable and well... fairly simple for in the office so I don't have to teach a bunch of knuckle dragging hammer swinging mechanics how to make good coffee hehe.

Aaron

--- End quote ---

Agree with everything you said except there must be something that lets it retain more sweetness in the coffee. techniques are like extra tech for me...unnecessary. It should just work and work correctly. Maybe the processor, or the way it pulses the brewing.? no idea but whatever system they are using works well. Will it work as well 10 years from now? I can't say.

Ascholten:
By technique sometimes with the TV, just open the coffee basket using the half way setting so it drips out slower.   The temperature of the water can make a difference too, it controls how fast it runs through,  ie warmer water 'heats to the correct temp' faster and spits out faster, resulting in a shorter brew time, etc etc.

Aaron

forgop:
I've used this for over a year and a half. I had a 20% off coupon and bought a discounted gift card for another 20% off. Great cup of coffee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version