Author Topic: Able KONE  (Read 60496 times)

ecc

Re: Able KONE
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
Mine is here! A quick wash and then checked it out with some B|Java Kona I had waiting for it.

22g Kona, medium grind, got 10 oz in the cup in about 2 minutes after bloom.  Made a super nice cup for the first try.  It sure seemed to flow much faster in the beginning, it dribbled even during the bloom on a really fresh roast. (36 hours rest)

I prefer the body and sharpness over the pour-over paper filters, and it is noticeably cleaner tasting than a french press.  It seems to highlight different flavors than my glass rod vacpot, my first thought is that it maybe had a touch more body as well.  Certainly worth careful comparison over a range of different coffees, different volumes, etc.

Very interesting coffee toy, will have no problem showing it off to the locals, thanks and congrats to Keith and Coava!

Tex

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:43 PM »

Tex

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »
good now we have 2 reviews in.

Good; that goes well with 2 threads on this topic.

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=10723.0

Offline kelppaddy

• Standard User
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I would like to see blind test of the same coffee using different methods of brewing.

kp

BoldJava

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »
Why have 2 threads for the same topic?

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=10664.0

The other thread is the vendor's offer, soon to expire.  This forum offers an on-going thread discussing its use.

B|Java
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 01:59:00 PM by BoldJava »

milowebailey

« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
I would like to see blind test .....

Is that possible? ;D

BoldJava

« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »
Bet the B|Konehead didn't need an alarm clock this morning, laid awake all night thinking about the new toy.

Ho, Moses, you know me.

When the clock went off this morning, I was very disoriented.  I thought it was Saturday, whisked down the stairs and was ready for a solo throw down. When I saw my office briefcase, I knew it was Tuesday (aka Wednesday) and that there was no time for a head-to-head.

We have to figure a way to brew and test blind.

I don't know how to do that other than me managing the preps and the 3 of you being the 3 Blind Mice.  I would be fine with doing that.  We can meter the TDS post-cup.

B|Java
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:04:20 PM by BoldJava »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »
Who's who?

Follow the bouncing ball.

"She cut off their tails with a carving knife...
  Did you ever see such a sight in your life as...

Three blind mice.  Three blind mice."
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2010, 03:04:09 PM »
Mine arrived a day early. Kone fits the CCD like a glove:

ecc

« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Hehe, see a blind test. 

Everyone knows what he really means.  I'm practicing by brewing in really low light first, then when I get good at it...

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2010, 03:14:51 PM »
Why have 2 threads for the same topic?

http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?topic=10664.0

3 threads actually:)

Perhaps one of the mods can work their magic and merge all the relevant posts into one thread.

BoldJava

« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »

Perhaps one of the mods can work their magic and merge all the relevant posts into one thread.

I put the thread I started this morning on top of yours so that there is one review/tips/tricks.  Suggest we leave the other thread alone as it is the offer.

Milo can add his review to your thread/this thread if he finds that appropriate.

B|Java

cfsheridan

« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
Mine arrived today.  I plan on trying with my newest fad--courtesy of Nick Cho (and slightly modified).  Clever + swiss gold KONE + paper filter nylon filter.

Gold + Paper + Clever

milowebailey

« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:04 PM »

I put the thread I started this morning on top of yours so that there is one review/tips/tricks.  Suggest we leave the other thread alone as it is the offer.

Milo can add his review to your thread/this thread if he finds that appropriate.

B|Java
I think it would be easier if I just did another comparison and started a 4th thread. >:D

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »
You could invite ray charles and stevie wonder over for coffee.  that'd be about as blind a taste test as you can get  :groan:  .

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!