Author Topic: Grindmaster 100  (Read 584 times)

BoldJava

Grindmaster 100
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:56:50 AM »
Take a look if you would and let me know if that branding/logo will come off or is it imprinted into the glass/plexiglass.

I am negotiating with the seller.  Don't want it if that stuff doesn't come off. Also, might just be able to have a new sheet of plexiglass cut, drill it, and badda bing.  Want to snag it for bulk grinding that I do.  If that logo will come off, I will go out and check out the grind.  New burrs are $153/set.  Yikes.

B|Java

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bfs/2398310687.html

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
Re: Grindmaster 100
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »
That is a plexiglass front panel, 4 screws remove it.  I have one of these I am rebuilding, that panel is strange, its got a 1/2 gap between it and the grinder, so most of the beans fill it up but never come out.  I guessing when its sitting on a counter they want the customer to see lots of beans.  I plan on replacing mine with a flat piece of plexglass. The insides of these look like a tank, I believe they will last forever.  They do not use sharp burrs to grind, it seems to crush the coffee if you look at the burrs.  I never fix mine yet so I hope they do a good job grinding.  The book says you can grind thousands of pounds before replacing burrs.  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:16:11 AM by Ringo »
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Ray T

Re: Grindmaster 100
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »
If it's in good shape go for it worry about pimping it out later. Hard to tell but looks like something a heat gun and razor blade should remove then throw your goat sticker on it.