Author Topic: butane/propane/natural gas  (Read 953 times)

Tex

butane/propane/natural gas
« on: June 09, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »
I like the butane burner I use with my vac pot, but it's a pain to run out of gas in the middle of a brew. Does anyone know of a similar burner that'll hook up to a propane tank or a natural gas outlet?

Or, how would one go about hooking these butane burners up to another source?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: butane/propane/natural gas
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:08:11 AM »
Before you start, see that your fire insurance is paid up and covers acts of silliness.   :)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 08:15:36 AM »
Before you start, see that your fire insurance is paid up and covers acts of silliness.   :)

Yup and my health insurance covers it too. ;)

edited: These would work, but they won't fit under the vac pot & stand.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:19:23 AM by Tex »

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Can you find a way to use the top unit in your photo, but replace the short rigid connecting tube with a longer, flexible braided hose?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Tex

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:37 AM »
Can you find a way to use the top unit in your photo, but replace the short rigid connecting tube with a longer, flexible braided hose?

I could deconstruct either model to suit my needs, but I was hoping to find one that'll work as-is. Bunsen burners use natural gas and I've got 2 or 3 in the garage somewhere, but they don't crank out enough BTU's.

Someone, somewhere, has already thought of this - I just have to find that sucker! ::)

Tex

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:06:25 AM »

I could deconstruct either model to suit my needs, but I was hoping to find one that'll work as-is. Bunsen burners use natural gas and I've got 2 or 3 in the garage somewhere, but they don't crank out enough BTU's.

Someone, somewhere, has already thought of this - I just have to find that sucker! ::)

Another thought I had was to tap into the existing butane tank and  simply run a NG/propane feed to it?

milowebailey

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 09:34:11 PM »
Tex

You might look into one of these.... they work pretty well.

Or if you want something smaller....

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:39:03 PM by milowebailey »

BoldJava

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:34 AM »
Tex, I am not sure if this has a large enough capacity to suit your needs, providing less "run-outs."

http://www.orphanespresso.com/REKROW-Smart-Stove-Butane-Mini-Stove-Burner_p_2788.html

B|Java

Offline 2ndcrack

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 02:25:07 PM »
Tex

I have a plasma cutter you can borrow if your still having problems. Just don't hold it in one place for too long...