Author Topic: Just another Brikka in the wall...  (Read 606 times)

EricBNC

Just another Brikka in the wall...
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
I bought a Brikka from the B/S/T section on coffeegeek.com that FedEx delivered today - looks like it is the smaller size.  I like it.  The taste is very similar to espresso from my Gaggia - a bit less body but similar none the less.

Here is a link to a video I tried to make - I was too slow to catch the pressure release.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Tex

Re: Just another Brikka in the wall...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »
I use my moka pot when I want to brew up some New Orleans style coffee & chicory. It plugs my Aeropress & vac pots. I just steam some milk and I've got a nice café au lait. If only beignets weren't so much trouble to make!

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »
I hear Sarah Lee is coming out with those...  ;D
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

EricBNC

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41:48 PM »
This thing is neat  - when the pressure is right the heavy cap lifts up and the foamy colored coffee mix comes out in what seems like only a second or two.  Instructions I found on line say to take it off the heat when the foaming starts flowing so I did - this is why my video shows only a puff of steam after I pulled it from the heat. 

I won't call this espresso, but compared to the red Krups travel mokka's results (my only other cup of "mokka" for comparison) it is more espresso- like than coffee-like in taste. Something unique is going on inside the valve on this Brikka.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:13 AM »
We use the mocha express to make espresso for tira mi su.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski