Author Topic: 64mm Flat Burr Grinder - Which One Would You Buy?  (Read 13149 times)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
Re: 64mm Flat Burr Grinder - Which One Would You Buy?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
I can't complain:) All the issues I have are with me and not my equipment.

EricBNC

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »
Thanks for the replies - what if the Ceado E7 is only $60 more than the Super Jolly - both new units both with free shipping, both with full warranty - anyone liking the Ceado more than the SJ or is the SJ a crowd favorite?

Not really concerned with resale value either since it will be for my use - a strong resale market would mean stronger parts support though.

farmroast

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
I don't see much sense in buying a traditional commercial grinder new if you can buy a used one that hasn't been abused and save a few hundred $$$ or spend the extra money on an upgrade to a used Major or other. We just don't add any mileage on a grinder with home use.
Of the 64's listed I'd easily choose the SJ. I've tried a wega max and found it to be a decent grinder, the doser cover is not as ideal for home use if I remember right.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Thanks for the replies - what if the Ceado E7 is only $60 more than the Super Jolly - both new units both with free shipping, both with full warranty - anyone liking the Ceado more than the SJ or is the SJ a crowd favorite?

Not really concerned with resale value either since it will be for my use - a strong resale market would mean stronger parts support though.

If I were buying a grinder in that price range I would go with the Ceado. It should be just as reliable as the Mazzer, I like the look of it better and I actually needed to turn up the volume on my computer all of the way to hear it while grinding in that video. I am sure other sleeping individuals in your home will appreciate it's lack of noise while you make you AM coffee.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

Do not underestimate the power of negotiation either. You could easily call WholeLatteLove and ask what the best price they can do on a Ceado E7 is. They are likely to give you a better price than what you see online and if they do not then say you are willing to give them the price of the Mazzer SJ for the Ceado. The worst thing they are going to say is no. Maybe they even have a lightly used demo E7.

If they are unwilling to budge, let me know. I contacted Ceado last week about possibly offering their grinders on the site I am making. I have been communicating with their US Distributor over the past few days and might be able to help you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:27:22 AM by Warrior372 »

EricBNC

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
I like the Ceado E7 and the SJ has a lot of love for it too.  They both are over kill for home espresso.  These are priced close enough that a great deal one way or another would have much less impact in my decision compared to features, reliability, and last but not least the price of replacement burrs - I can find Mazzer info but not much on the Ceado burrs.

I hope you can pick up the Ceado line - it looks nice and would benefit from additional suppliers - note: I have never used WholeLatteLove so that is not a knock against them - they seem reputable.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
There's no such thing as overkill for home espresso.   ;)

Are you buying this potential grinder with 'bean' money?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

EricBNC

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
There's no such thing as overkill for home espresso.   ;)

Are you buying this potential grinder with 'bean' money?

Yes - bean money.  I feel the need to act fast since a friend of mine cashed in on a new Electra Sixties series machine

http://www.roaste.com/product/4home/Elektra-ART.T1-Sixties-Chrome-Commercial-Espresso-Machine

- Three grand for that crown jewel - I am afraid the winds of change might start blowing...

http://www.roaste.com/CoffeeBlogs/wakeknot/joy-Roaste.com

Angels in heaven, what a score!

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »
I exchanged several emails with the head of sales at the US Ceado distributor yesterday. Pricing came up and he had said he attached it to his last email along with an informative powerpoint. Only the powerpoint was attached, so I shot him another email. I am guessing he was out for the day at that point, so I should hopefully hear back on Monday.

Has your friend received the T1 yet? If so, how does he like it?

EricBNC

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 10:17:34 AM »
I exchanged several emails with the head of sales at the US Ceado distributor yesterday. Pricing came up and he had said he attached it to his last email along with an informative powerpoint. Only the powerpoint was attached, so I shot him another email. I am guessing he was out for the day at that point, so I should hopefully hear back on Monday.

Has your friend received the T1 yet? If so, how does he like it?
Interesting - I would be happier choosing the Ceado (that grinder is very quiet) if I knew a forum member could source burrs, switches, and give friendly advice and tips - good luck with the process.

He has not received the machine yet - it shipped from 1st Line though.

Offline Warrior372

• Standard User
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
Does RoastE just act as a middle man for distributors to post adds on and then they just take a percentage of the sale price of the items? If so, that is a very interesting concept!

EricBNC

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 11:53:12 AM »
I am not sure exactly how it works but I think it is like Amazon.com - businesses list the items (Chris Coffee, 1st Line, Wholelattelove, etc) and, for what I have ordered at least,the item ships directly from the listing party but the invoice comes in through an email from ROASTe.

EricBNC

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »
I hit Super Jolly level tonight with the beans - still looking hard at the Ceado E7 though for a few more beans - both look so nice!

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »
I say get the Ceado, just to set yourself apart from the crowd.  Everybody knows Mazzer, only the in-crowd knows Ceado.  The Mazzer would be like driving the same car everyone else has.  The Ceado had panache.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

EricBNC

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 11:27:59 PM »
I say get the Ceado, just to set yourself apart from the crowd.  Everybody knows Mazzer, only the in-crowd knows Ceado.  The Mazzer would be like driving the same car everyone else has.  The Ceado had panache.
I guess someone has to chop the first tree down on the path that one day becomes a super highway, or an abandoned trail...