Author Topic: Now I've gone and done it: The Ponte Vecchio Lusso Thread.  (Read 25057 times)

SJM

Re: Now I've gone and done it: The Ponte Vecchio Lusso Thread.
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:52 AM »
Someone needs to send 1st line a copy of these comments so they know how badly their behavior is influencing their potential customer base.  It's beyond my skill set, but maybe someone else can manage it.

Susan

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »
Yeah it's pretty shocking the way he was treated. When trying to get the replacement piston seals, it took 2 phone calls and 3 emails before they were finally sent out. I told my coworker that if it were me I would demand that they return the machine. He's to the point where he just wants to cut his loss and try to find something else. All in all this little experience has cost him about $125, counting the insured return shipping and the cost of the portafilter.

I dread the day I have to deal with them on a customer service level. And I'm afraid, with the track records of the current generations of PVL, that it may be inevitable.

If anyone is interested he does had a naked PVL portafilter to sell.

jspain

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
Jason,

On the positive side I've had mine for over a year and had no problems at all.... Keep your fingers crossed!

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 12:06:29 PM »
Jason,

On the positive side I've had mine for over a year and had no problems at all.... Keep your fingers crossed!

Mine has been doing well also, besides that odd clunking noise. Fingers crossed.

Offline rgrosz78

• Standard User
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »
I dread the day I have to deal with them on a customer service level. And I'm afraid, with the track records of the current generations of PVL, that it may be inevitable.

If anyone is interested he does had a naked PVL portafilter to sell.
Jason, I am interested. Please send me a PM re: cost for the naked portafilter + shipping.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both of us with respect to future PVL & 1st Line experiences.
Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

Offline jiaan13

• Standard User
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2014, 03:51:25 PM »
After reading through the thread, is the general consensus that the PVL is not really worth the trouble?

I'd love to get a spring lever but it sounds like the QC issues + 1st Line's questionable customer service would make it a no-go.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2014, 08:50:57 AM »
Well, my steam wand went out this weekend. :(

Worked fine that morning and then when I turned the machine on again that evening, nothing came out of the steam wand. Machine came to pressure fine, hot water dispenser works fine, and water flows fine through the group head. Messaged 1st Line and waiting to hear back.

milowebailey

« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »

Worked fine that morning and then when I turned the machine on again that evening, nothing came out of the steam wand. Machine came to pressure fine, hot water dispenser works fine, and water flows fine through the group head. Messaged 1st Line and waiting to hear back.

Is the tip clogged?  Maybe some milk?  I've had that happen before.

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2014, 09:14:43 AM »

Is the tip clogged?  Maybe some milk?  I've had that happen before.
I'll try that and see. I clean the holes frequently, but that could be my problem.