Author Topic: Brewers that operate at 195-205 F  (Read 22764 times)

chancuff

Re: Brewers that operate at 195-205 F
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
I just read about the Krups power Brew  only avaliable at William and Sonoma  $119.00

1400 watts brews 5% hotter (195 - 205 degrees) and 21% faster....

Does anyone here have one of these.

Yet another opportunity ... $80/or best offer, free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/Krups-KM-5055-Power-Brew-Technology_W0QQitemZ130358666105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSmall_Kitchen_Appliances_US?hash=item1e59fb6379

Pyment

Newco AKH AP
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2010, 09:59:19 PM »
I really feel I need to share my newest coffee related purchase. The Newco AKH AP brewer.

It will brew 64 ounces of coffee in 9 minutes. Exterior temp of the basket during the brew cycle is 175 by my IR thermometer. The coffee in the airpot is 185. I don't have a probe to sneak into the basket, but it probably is spot on. The water is heated by a 1775 watt 14.8 amp heat pump. The spray head gives good dispersion. I did a dry trial without filter or coffee and noted the water seemed to pulse which I suppose improves mixing of grounds and water.

Bottom line: It makes great coffee. It gets a lot of flavor when used in combination with my Rocky.

Now I have to find a permanent filter to fit this.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Newco AKH AP
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
I really feel I need to share my newest coffee related purchase. The Newco AKH AP brewer.

It will brew 64 ounces of coffee in 9 minutes. Exterior temp of the basket during the brew cycle is 175 by my IR thermometer. The coffee in the airpot is 185. I don't have a probe to sneak into the basket, but it probably is spot on. The water is heated by a 1775 watt 14.8 amp heat pump. The spray head gives good dispersion. I did a dry trial without filter or coffee and noted the water seemed to pulse which I suppose improves mixing of grounds and water.

Bottom line: It makes great coffee. It gets a lot of flavor when used in combination with my Rocky.

Sounds impressive ... do you mind me asking you how much?

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Pyment

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2010, 10:41:10 PM »
I bought it here:
http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/newco/akh-ap/p373087.aspx

Better price than Newco would give me. I think we need Joe to sweet talk JoAnn. Interestingly, it was direct shipped from Newco.

You just turn it on fill it with a pitcher of water and make great coffee. It doesn't use a reservoir like the Bunn's I am familiar with.

Airpot is separate.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:43:44 PM by Pyment »

Offline Joe

• Retired Old Goats
  • splitting bags and having fun
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
I bought it here:

Better price than Newco would give me. I think we need Joe to sweet talk JoAnn. Interestingly, it was direct shipped from Newco.

You just turn it on fill it with a pitcher of water and make great coffee. It doesn't use a reservoir like the Bunn's I am familiar with.

Airpot is separate.

I have been sweet talking to no avail supposedly the Chinese supplier has upped the contract of the OCS brewers. However with our discount Newco was quoting me the ak series at $227.00 with our discount, the non heat pump was slightly more.

Joe
[url=http://www.greencoffeebuyingclub.com/index.php?board=37

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Newco AKH AP
« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »

The real question is this; did you have to resubmit your application for membership?  SHEEEEEESH, Py!  It's been like 2 years!    :o     Good thing the rest of us were sitting down when we opened this thread.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Pyment

« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
Well, yes many changes at the Py household. I am in the middle of 7 6P to 6A shifts. The world is different at 3 AM.

I do love my new coffee maker.

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
New professional brewer to be put out by Krups soon.  "The coffeemaker also provides an 1100-watt heating system to achieve an optimal brewing temperature of 195 to 205 degrees F for full-bodied flavor, plus a two-filter water-filtration system and an electronic de-scaling indicator to help ensure cleaner water."

If anyone gets a line on this please update here.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Pyment

« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2010, 04:12:28 AM »
for those using a Newco OCS. I was having trouble finding a permanent filter that fit the basket style holder. I was going through a cabinet and found an old Braun gold filter from an old pot that died. I said, "What the heck." It fit. I filled the brewer with water and coffee.

Then I stood by for overflows and....

It worked producing a nice flavorful pot of coffee. wow.

Pyment

« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2010, 08:58:48 AM »
I bought it here:

Airpot is separate.

I found that the Kitchenaid Proline gold filter works here. It doesn't fit perfectly, but it works.