Author Topic: Newco OCS-8  (Read 1525 times)

slurp

Newco OCS-8
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:47:36 AM »
I have a standing order for a Newco OCS-8 brewer. Newco guesses it will start receiving a restock around May. Should I meanwhile tell Newco that I am a GCBC member? I recall reading somewhere that Newco in the past has given Club members a discount on purchases. Or is that just for when there is ample stock rather than machines being backordered? Also, do I risk being moved down to the bottom of the list if Newco agrees to concede a discount?

Tex

Re: Newco OCS-8
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:53:42 AM »
Depends on what price your were quoted as a non-member? IIRC: The initial discount happened because a GCBC member caught Newco with excess inventory as they were closing out the OCS lineup. The price reduction was significant then, but now that Newco is actively selling the model again there doesn't seem to be much of a discount. But it never hurts to ask.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
You could call them without telling them of your standing order, simply asking for a price quote and availability, telling them you're a GCBC member at that time.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

bunnysandefur

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:56:39 AM »
Slightly off topic, but I was wondering what phone number you used to call Newco to make the purchase?
It feels odd calling a company like that who traditionally does large scale distribution deals. I'm just an individual
who wants a really good coffee maker, and gosh darn, I want that one. I want to make sure I don't contact
a sales rep who will never return my call because I only desire one unit.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:02:07 AM by bunnysandefur »

Offline kelppaddy

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 03:53:20 AM »
I hope you have better luck calling them then I have had trying to email them.  I have an OCS-12 that doesn't work and all emails to support and customer service have gone unanswered.

kp