Author Topic: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine  (Read 3935 times)

mattquist

Guesso the 'spresso.....machine
« on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »
I've got a line on this at a good price, but the seller knows nothing about it, and I really don't want to drive 2 hours to find out i'm not interested.  Anyone know what it is?  I think it's 2 group, Expobar, maybe?

Tex

Re: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
It's got to be labeled somewhere! Offhand I'd say a Spanish machine - maybe Expobar?

mattquist

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:56:06 PM »
The guy doesn't seem to have a clue, but did say it was made in Spain.  Could I assume that it most likely is 220V and requires a water line at the least? 

Tex

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »
Both are good assumptions. Why can't the seller take pictures of the labels? Something fishy is going on here...

mattquist

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 06:16:13 PM »
I think he's repo'd it from a business that's gone under & he doesn't know what he's got.  I'm interested mostly in the grinder that he also is selling, but it's a package deal.  I'm not real familiar with the espresso machines (have a gaggia espresso, but that's nothing to be real proud of).  Thought this might be a significant upgrade for me.  Then again if it's 220, i'm probably out.

Tex

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »
I don't recall ever seeing a 2-group machine that wasn't at least 220v. But, I had 220 added to my kitchen and it only cost a few hundred for the electrician to do it. You'd have a kick a$$ machine!

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:45:56 PM »
mattquist ... why don't you ask the guy to go to the machine like Tex suggested and take pictures of the label.  It should say who the manufacturer is and the model number.  The possibilities are just to great to guess ... unless one has got the same one and they can immediately tell you what it is.  If it is a 2 group machine it probably has a big boiler and can handle big volumes with lots of steam power.  It most probably make a "kick ass" espresso machine.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 06:16:07 AM »
The upgrade to 220v in your kitchen is not lots of $... unless your breaker panel is on the other end of the mansion, and he needs to run a new conduit the whole way.  or your wiring is romax and the basement ceiling is drywall... :) most kitchens are a dedicated circuit so he may be able to sneak two new wires into your existing conduit and turn one outlet into a 220v

maybe it is worth getting to pass on the deal to a member here...  assuming the power in your kitchen is a show stopper
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:22:08 AM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

mattquist

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:45:31 PM »
Ok Guys.  I got a chance to look at it.  I'm pretty sure that it's an Expobar.  Both the machine and the Grinder (Cunill) look pretty used, and my guess by the smell of them they came from a restaurant/bar.  Probably would make someone a really nice hardcore machine, but it's just too much for my needs.  There's some pics attached.  If it's something that someone's interested in, let me know.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Yeah ... that would make someone an awesome setup.  Like you I decided not to go the commercial route due to the plumb in and size of the machine.  I decided to go the prosumer route instead.  How much does he want for the package deal?  Maybe you can take both and sell the machine to someone who is willing to undertake the task.

lp, 7-Ski

donn

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 11:12:49 PM »
From what I can make out of the label - gas?  Looks like the left side is a table of gas regulation parameters for LPG ("GLP"), natural gas and "ciudad" (appears to be another name for natural gas.)

Mine is a 220v that's equipped for gas, but it's a lever/piston machine, and the boiler is pretty huge, so you could go for a while with no electricity.  If you're really tied to that 220v line, I wonder why you'd bother with gas.

milowebailey

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 07:15:12 AM »
a Propane boiler?........wouldn't that rock for a flea market or camping set up!  Imagine going camping and breaking that baby out.... you'd have every camper within 2 miles wanting a latte!

I'd buy it if it was propane.... just for the novelty of it....

:tool: :tool: :tool: :tool: :tool:

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:17:42 AM »
a Propane boiler?........wouldn't that rock for a flea market or camping set up!  Imagine going camping and breaking that baby out.... you'd have every camper within 2 miles wanting a latte!

I'd buy it if it was propane.... just for the novelty of it....

:tool: :tool: :tool: :tool: :tool:

Don't do it Milo ... it will set your progress further behind on the MiloWidget.

lp, 7-Ski

mattquist

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 08:02:39 AM »
Sorry guys.  It's not a gas fired boiler.  It's 220v electric, 2500Watt.   I believe that the label is just a generic label that's place on multiple pieces of equipment.

Hell of a deal on this guys...I think I can pick it up for someone for under $250 with the grinder, if there's any interest.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 08:05:24 AM »
Hell of a deal on this guys...I think I can pick it up for someone for under $250 with the grinder, if there's any interest.

Hmm ... may be worth that just for the grinder.

lp, 7-Ski