Author Topic: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine  (Read 3934 times)

mattquist

Re: Guesso the 'spresso.....machine
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:13:01 AM »
I thought about that, and seriously considered it.  Just not pretty enough for display in the kitchen.  I've had a hard enough time selling my cirrent Mazzer to the Mrs.  (she doesn't drink the bean, and just doesn't understand). But if I had one of those basement bars and some expertise on fixing it up, I'd jump on it.  Would also make a great farmer's market stand setup too.

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
Oh man, oh man, oh man... That is tempting!
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline MMW

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 08:41:55 AM »
Where is it?
"During the early 19th century, most Americans subsisted on a diet of pork, whiskey, and coffee.  ----- Where did we go wrong?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
It is local to mattquist ... I assume it is southwest Florida.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

mattquist

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
Yep.  It's down here.  If someone wants it, I'll try and work with them to get it shipped (see what a nice guy I am?) 
OR....You ship me your current unit, and I'll buy this one and the grinder, and ship them to you for free!  Always trying to work a deal, besides, you really don't need 2 espresso machines, do you? ;D

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
Yep.  It's down here.  If someone wants it, I'll try and work with them to get it shipped (see what a nice guy I am?) 
OR....You ship me your current unit, and I'll buy this one and the grinder, and ship them to you for free!  Always trying to work a deal, besides, you really don't need 2 espresso machines, do you? ;D

Yeah ... that is the only thing when you get into 100 plus pound espress machines and 30 pound espresso grinders ... shipping is a killer.

:(
lp, 7-Ski

mattquist

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
True.  But for the cost of  shipping is ~150, it's still a great deal for someone who is looking for a commercial fixer-upper.  And with luck, I'm hooked up with something nice for my kitchen counter. 

milowebailey

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »
$250 for both... where do I send the check?

So what are you looking for in a Grinder?  Small or Commercial?

I have 2 commercial grinders, a Santos (very quiet Italian grinder) and a Rossi....

Both in great shape. 

mattquist

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty good on the grinder side. My Mazzer does a decent job.  Where I'm lacking is on the Machine side.  Got one of those to trade?  Now that I looked at the links Milow has I'm thinking about just rebuilding it like his Brasilia project.  But then I'd have to install it in my shop, and not in the kitchen.  Decisions, Decisions.  Maybe put it in the firehouse....

donn

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 02:52:27 PM »

Hmm ... may be worth that just for the grinder.

Is that a Cunill Brasil?  $320 new from Sovrana?

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Hmm ... may be worth that just for the grinder.

Is that a Cunill Brasil?  $320 new from Sovrana?

A 2 group commercial machine for $320?

:)
lp, 7-Ski

mattquist

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 03:12:43 PM »
Thanks for all of your help, I decided to buy it & negotiated it for $200 for the Cunill Brazil grinder AND the Expobar 2 group machine.  I just feel like it's a deal that I can't let get away.  Actually, it was Milow's post-link that inspired me to try and do an overhaul (his Brasilla post).  I know it's going to need work, and it means that it will be installed in my roast shop, at least for now.  Will need to run 220 and water (temp install for now), and as long as I don't electrocute myself or cause a flood I should be in business.  Maybe after the rebuild is finished, and if it cleans up nicely, I'll be able to move it into the kitchen.  Same goes for the Cunill.

I know that this is going to be a project that's over my head, I have no experience in, no manual, and not a clue, but I'm figuring that there's plenty of good advice floating here to help me through it.  Once I get the A/C and H2O plumbed, I plan on starting a rebuild thread to track it's progress. 

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »
Thanks for all of your help, I decided to buy it & negotiated it for $200 for the Cunill Brazil grinder AND the Expobar 2 group machine.  I just feel like it's a deal that I can't let get away.  Actually, it was Milow's post-link that inspired me to try and do an overhaul (his Brasilla post).  I know it's going to need work, and it means that it will be installed in my roast shop, at least for now.  Will need to run 220 and water (temp install for now), and as long as I don't electrocute myself or cause a flood I should be in business.  Maybe after the rebuild is finished, and if it cleans up nicely, I'll be able to move it into the kitchen.  Same goes for the Cunill.

I know that this is going to be a project that's over my head, I have no experience in, no manual, and not a clue, but I'm figuring that there's plenty of good advice floating here to help me through it.  Once I get the A/C and H2O plumbed, I plan on starting a rebuild thread to track it's progress. 

I envy you... that, for me, would be like re-building an old car... I suspect that machine will make a good one to learn on... but I know about as much as you so I am looking forward to reading about it...

Tex

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
Actually, I'm pretty good on the grinder side. My Mazzer does a decent job.  Where I'm lacking is on the Machine side.  Got one of those to trade?  Now that I looked at the links Milow has I'm thinking about just rebuilding it like his Brasilia project.  But then I'd have to install it in my shop, and not in the kitchen.  Decisions, Decisions.  Maybe put it in the firehouse....

I've got a Nuova Simonelli Personal 1-group 220VAC and maybe a Bunn ES-1A/Furturemat Milady 1-group 110VAC. Whatcha got for swap bait?  8)

Tex

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »

The commercial machines are a piece of cake to work on, and as long as the brain box works there's nothing very expensive to repair. Too bad it's not a Quality Espresso machine - we could fit you into the BUG group where there's lots of expert help available.

An alternative to plumbing it in, at least until you figure out where it'll be permanently placed, is to use a FloJet pump & water bottles for fresh & waste water. A lot of us use this water softener when we plumb the machines.

Good luck!