Author Topic: I Roast 11  (Read 1160 times)

Lektrk

I Roast 11
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »
Got a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a I Roast 11 about 2 years old. Several times over the last couple weeks during the last few minutes of the roasting process the fan will just quit blowing, the heat stays on and it starts burning my beans. I've tried cutting down on the amount of beans to about 3/4 of the recommended quanity but it still keeps doing it. Any ideas as to what could be causing this, is there a internal filter for the intake that could be plugging up or is it just getting close to the end of it's life? I can't afford a new roaster at this time and I can't stand store bought coffee anymore. Might have to commit suicide if it dies.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: I Roast 11
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:12:01 PM »
Got a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a I Roast 11 about 2 years old. Several times over the last couple weeks during the last few minutes of the roasting process the fan will just quit blowing, the heat stays on and it starts burning my beans. I've tried cutting down on the amount of beans to about 3/4 of the recommended quanity but it still keeps doing it. Any ideas as to what could be causing this, is there a internal filter for the intake that could be plugging up or is it just getting close to the end of it's life? I can't afford a new roaster at this time and I can't stand store bought coffee anymore. Might have to commit suicide if it dies.

I don't know th I Roast but I know you can keep roasting fairly cheap... no need to fall on your cupping spoon....

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:23:49 PM »
...but I know you can keep roasting fairly cheap... no need to fall on your cupping spoon....

I agree.

There are several cheap ways to get the job done if need be.

My ultimate fall back plan if everything went to hell is a soup can, stick, and a campfire...viva la roasting!

;D
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline bwilson

• Standard User
  • Hi - My name is Bruce and I'm a Coffeeholic
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39:45 AM »
Agreed!  A hot air popcorn popper, used or new, can be had from $1 - $10.  Walgreens or Target have cheap new ones that work well if a used one is not readily found a G-Will.
As a man sows, so he shall reap - Law of Karma

SusanJoM

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 07:39:48 AM »

Okay, my IR2 moved to a new location, so I can't look at it and make any suggestions.  But, it sounds to me as if you've got a wire that has gotten loose so that it makes a connection for a while, then doesn't, then does again.....????   In any case, I'd take it apart and look under the hood....see if you've got any loose connections.....

On the other hand, have you changed your profile or something like that?  The fan comes on to bring the heat down;  maybe the IR2 thinks you want it hotter????   Have you tried putting in a duplicate of the profile you think you are using and seeing if it happens with that one?  And, does it always happen at the same place in the profile?

Okay, I've run out of ideas for now.
Let us know what you figure out....
Susan