Author Topic: Help! Need replacement Hario Vac Pot bowl -- DC5 or HC5  (Read 854 times)

Offline Girardian

• Standard User
Help! Need replacement Hario Vac Pot bowl -- DC5 or HC5
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »
My "stand by" (and only) vac pot is a Hario Nouveau.  I *love* this brewer.

After years of great service, I discovered a crack in the pot this morning.  I handle the bowl with great care -- there's no ""sign of impact," just the crack.

Any leads about where I can get a replacement bowl?

Any recommendations for a "holdover" vac pot until I replace this part? 

Offline headchange4u

• Standard User
  • Roaster: 4# RK Drum
Re: Help! Need replacement Hario Vac Pot bowl -- DC5 or HC5
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:20:30 AM »
I think the Yama tabletops are about the same thing. See this recent thread for  a good price on one.

PS.

I'll check with the Hario distributor about getting a replacement.

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »
My "stand by" (and only) vac pot is a Hario Nouveau.  I *love* this brewer.

After years of great service, I discovered a crack in the pot this morning.  I handle the bowl with great care -- there's no ""sign of impact," just the crack.

Any leads about where I can get a replacement bowl?

Any recommendations for a "holdover" vac pot until I replace this part?  
Yup, a great brewer.  I have both the traditional and the Nouveau, and the Nouveau is much better.  I recently had to replace the bottom bowls of both, and found very good prices and service from Avenue 18.  Those suckers can get mighty slippery when wet and soapy!
Londinium L1, Bullet R1, Compak E8, VBM DB, Vario, Hario Vac

Offline Girardian

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
Thanks.  I separately found this resource and have placed an order for spare parts for now and in the future.  Not sure how long they'll continue to make these so I'm ordering an extra top chamber as well. 

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
Thanks.  I separately found this resource and have placed an order for spare parts for now and in the future.  Not sure how long they'll continue to make these so I'm ordering an extra top chamber as well. 
I cannot imagine they will stop making these any time soon, but you will most likely need spares.  Of course, luck will have it that, now that you have a spare top, you will break the bottom.

BoldJava

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »
In my experience, you never break these until you mention you have never broken one.  Then the spell is over and a spate of breakage occurs.  What follows that is an overstocking of parts, unneeded as it turns out, as one learns their lesson and never again says anything as silly as "I have never broken mine..."

Been there, got the spare parts.

B|Java

Offline YasBean

• Standard User
  • Lever that sucker!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:52:12 AM »
In my experience, you never break these until you mention you have never broken one.  Then the spell is over and a spate of breakage occurs.  What follows that is an overstocking of parts, unneeded as it turns out, as one learns their lesson and never again says anything as silly as "I have never broken mine..."

Been there, got the spare parts.

B|Java
"overstocking"?  "unneeded"?  So, are you saying you will never break another one? >:D