Author Topic: Bunn G1 Grinder  (Read 723 times)

Offline sea330

• Standard User
Bunn G1 Grinder
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:14:53 PM »
Has anybody out there have any experience with the quality of grind this puts out.I have been threw non commercial type grinders with not to much luck and I am  thinking to just cut to chase and get something that will do a good job.I only grind for french press or drip. I can't seem to find out what new Burrs would cost in case I need them.I found one for about $200 bucks that might be worth it if my grinding issues get resolved.Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Bunn G1 Grinder
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
Has anybody out there have any experience with the quality of grind this puts out.I have been threw non commercial type grinders with not to much luck and I am  thinking to just cut to chase and get something that will do a good job.I only grind for french press or drip. I can't seem to find out what new Burrs would cost in case I need them.I found one for about $200 bucks that might be worth it if my grinding issues get resolved.Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

What is your application for this grinder?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

jspain

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:12:22 PM »
Sea330,

I've had one for about 3 years. I bought it refurbished and it works great. I needed a grinder for my sales to the churches I work with. It has never missed a beat. I've probably ground close to 300-400 pounds through it. It is not for personal use, however for drip, french press, etc. I'm sure it would be fine. If you are looking for a personal grinder and are doing espresso or vac pot I'd go another direction. Grinding for sales with it is great. It is large and heavy.

hope that helps, Jim

Offline sea330

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:52:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply good info. It looks heavy and bulky and I would never get away with a set up in the kitchen, nor would I. However I could set it up in the garage with my roasting equipment, mostly for personal use and coffee for our friends over holidays  and special occasions. Sometimes I will need to grind up quit a bit. I had to do over 20 pounds last Christmas just for family, that was a pain with my Barratza grinder. Threw the year most of our friends asks for coffee but I can't seem to convince them to buy a grinder, but they love the coffee.They do  help with the cost of greens This direction is just a thought.
Rich