Author Topic: TruBru?  (Read 587 times)

karlo

TruBru?
« on: June 09, 2010, 06:47:08 AM »
Is anyone using a TruBru? I'm considering picking one up, and I love the all steel design/look to it. Is there anything comparable in an all metal design?

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: TruBru?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:53:34 AM »
Let us know how it works out for you.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

northwestmark

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
I have one. It doesn't get used much. Don't really like pourover method compared to french press or even chemex.

karlo

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:43:23 AM »
I have one. It doesn't get used much. Don't really like pourover method compared to french press or even chemex.

That's helpful to hear. I'd really like to include one in our new shop, but we'd be the first in our town to offer pourover, and I'm a little leery about spending so much on something fairly untested here. As an alternative, I'm thinking about modeling Intelli's pourover bar & doing a copper pipe installation with a built in drip tray; either one would fit our atmosphere well, but the DIY option is definitely a lot cheaper for something to try out.

BoldJava

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »
Until now, I didn't know what the TruBru was.  For me, the height above the cup is problematic.  I understand the need for some distance for barista ease/motion/efficiency, but the more air (read distance) to which the coffee is exposed, the more the temperature is affected.  I would minimize the height to that which you can still operate efficiently.

Love those Beehouses, all in a row.

B|Java

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:40:28 AM by BoldJava »