Author Topic: Coffee's good, but...  (Read 1142 times)

Tex

Coffee's good, but...
« on: July 07, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »
I might have to order one of these. Now, where could I mount a PID? ;D

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: Coffee's good, but...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »

What will the PID do ... make it crema'd ice cream?

???
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

gratefulroast

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:10:05 PM »
Guess we found out where the sinkshots can go?

:-X

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:22:46 PM »
Guess we found out where the sinkshots can go?

:-X

Great idea ... let me know how you Gelato machine works.

:)
lp, 7-Ski

Gime2much

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »
We have a Cuisinart that makes a quart of really good stuff if you can handle the noise. The paddles are driven by a vibe motor that sounds like an amplified Gaggia in a 55 gallon drum. Doesn't hold a candle to our White Mountain but then it is self contained (doesn't need ice & salt).

Dan Brewer

Tex

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 02:13:04 PM »
We have a Cuisinart that makes a quart of really good stuff if you can handle the noise. The paddles are driven by a vibe motor that sounds like an amplified Gaggia in a 55 gallon drum. Doesn't hold a candle to our White Mountain but then it is self contained (doesn't need ice & salt).

Dan Brewer

Right now we're using a Cuisinart and it makes great ice cream, but it's a pain because you have to freeze the container. I grew up with homemade ice cream for every occasion, so it seems natural to me. Mrs T, being the Teutonic East German kraut stomper she is, thinks it's too frou-frou. ::)

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »

Woot had one of these on sale last week for ~$140; Cuisinart Supreme Commercial Quality Ice Cream Maker - ICE50BC.  It was really tempting, especially that it had its own compressor and didn't need to freeze the bowl, which means you could do back-to-back flavors.

But I couldn't get my lard-a** motivated enough to buy it, so I took that as a hint.   :)
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Gime2much

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »

Woot had one of these on sale last week for ~$140; Cuisinart Supreme Commercial Quality Ice Cream Maker - ICE50BC.  It was really tempting, especially that it had its own compressor and didn't need to freeze the bowl, which means you could do back-to-back flavors.

But I couldn't get my lard-a** motivated enough to buy it, so I took that as a hint.   :)

Thats one hell of a deal!!! We have the ICE-50bcfr (likely the same as the 50bc) and if memory serves correct it cost a fist full of hundreds.

Dan Brewer

Tex

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »

That was your super-duper subconscious smartness coming through: Amazon has them for $239.54.

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »
My mother almost always got home made ice cream on her birthday (Jan 18th) we needed more salt than ice... the ice was not melting.. the ice water the salt created was re-freezing!?!?!  good stuff.. keep thinking I will get a big barrel machine maybe with both the hand crank and the motor.

Gime2much

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »
White Mountain is oldest ice cream machine manufacture in the US starting up in the 1800s. They will crank until the motor sounds like a PO'ed bull dog growling meaning the ice cream doesn't have to be placed in the freezer before enjoying. The paddles are counter-rotating which produces a very creamy treat with lots fewer ice crystals. Amazon has they (4 quart) for ~175 with free shipping

Down side = Requires ice and salt. 

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 04:35:11 PM »
White Mountain is oldest ice cream machine manufacture in the US starting up in the 1800s. They will crank until the motor sounds like a PO'ed bull dog growling meaning the ice cream doesn't have to be placed in the freezer before enjoying. The paddles are counter-rotating which produces a very creamy treat with lots fewer ice crystals. Amazon has they (4 quart) for ~175 with free shipping

Amazon has the hand crank 4 quart for $132.25 with free shipping.

They also have the 6 quart Electric model for $178.94.

;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 04:37:02 PM by mp »
lp, 7-Ski

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »

;)

nice price  :-X think I will watch the rummage sales, Goodwill and Salvation Army  :P

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »

;)

nice price  :-X think I will watch the rummage sales, Goodwill and Salvation Army  :P

Don't forget Craigslist.

;)
lp, 7-Ski