Author Topic: Reliable expresso machine recommendations.  (Read 1574 times)

Offline scubadoo2

• Standard User
Reliable expresso machine recommendations.
« on: June 16, 2020, 04:27:15 PM »
Let me preface this with “I’m not an expresso machine guy at all”. My daughter is researching espresso machines. She has an ECM Casa V...looking to upgrade to dual boiler.  Her main drinks are lattes and cappuccinos so the milk foam is extremely important. She likes dense, heavy, very creamy microfoam. Any suggestions?

I should also mention She wants a machine that is extremely reliable and not going to be sent for repair every year or two. It may have just been a fluke but She has had a terrible time with the ECM casa V. Only had it three months before it broke down and over 6 months to get back. One that is also easy to maintain, please. 
I should also mention she is in the Charlotte, NC suburbs, if there are any local shop suggestions.
Thanks for the help
Doug

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Reliable expresso machine recommendations.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »
I really like my La Spaziale Vivaldi II.  In 10 years it never let me down.  There are a few in that price range to consider.

I also really like Chriscoffee.com, the outfit I bought it from.  They have a great reputation for knowing their products, matching equipment w/ a given user's needs, and top-notch service.

It should go w/o saying that your daughter needs a serious espresso grinder too.
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you