Author Topic: Interesting Pour Over Article  (Read 1954 times)

Offline pgde

• Standard User
Behmor 2000AB/Behmor Brewer

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
Re: Interesting Pour Over Article
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 07:13:39 AM »
Personally I like a French Press.  It's easy and you are not wasting paper filters / paper, ie something else to have to deal with.  The pot can be tapped into the trash / or compost pile, whichever you prefer and then rinsed out and good to go for the next cup / pot you make.

The FP also not having a paper, does not suck the oils out of the coffee either which also add to the coffee's overall flavor I like to believe.  It also gives you more mouth feel / body in your coffee, so for those who like 'thick' coffee, the FP is the way to do, if you are not into that so much, let it set a few minutes and the sediment will settle to the bottom to be rinsed out later.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 02:41:23 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2021/03/08/coffee-brew-methods/

Always good to stay abreast with current conversations.

Definitive statements should be taken at face value as changes in grind, water to grounds duration, and water temp will change results. 

No politics please.

Is that necessary? Last I checked, coffee brewing wasn't political. 

Offline CrackedBean

• Standard User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 07:56:47 PM »
The article omits a lot. It highlights the Stagg X Pour-Over, but not the more common Melitta, V-60, or Kalita wave (though same filter as the Stagg X) pour over, all of which are likely more common that the Stagg or Chemex, though the Chemex has a well deserved following. Nothing about espresso or moka pots which is almost understandable, but odd there was no mention of ubiquitous auto-drip machine, especially since there was a Technivorm Moccamaster in the photo. 

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 05:48:16 PM »
If we really want to get picky    The Swiss Gold was kind of the OG  of pour overs heh  :D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Offline brianmch

• Distributor
  • Huky 500 J/ Artisan
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 07:07:23 AM »
The article omits a lot. It highlights the Stagg X Pour-Over, but not the more common Melitta, V-60, or Kalita wave (though same filter as the Stagg X) pour over, all of which are likely more common that the Stagg or Chemex, though the Chemex has a well deserved following. Nothing about espresso or moka pots which is almost understandable, but odd there was no mention of ubiquitous auto-drip machine, especially since there was a Technivorm Moccamaster in the photo.

I thought it left a lot to be desired too. Relieved they didn't go gaga over the Keurig or Nepresso with CharBux pods.