Author Topic: automatic coffee makers  (Read 3240 times)

Tex

Re: automatic coffee makers
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »
This is a little off topic, but maybe a somewhat better choice (at least for me). I tried the "all in one system" several years ago and found that the grinder full of wet soggy grounds outweighed the convience and back to Costco for that POS. I think the drip system I have now is optimum allbeit pricey. I use a rocky grinder with a small digital scale on the base. I set the drip cone on the scale and it zeros out, then hit the rocker switch on the rocky and watch till I get 29 grams. Slam that into my Technivorm, add water, hit go. Next day clean up is dumping the paper filter from the cone, quick rinse and ready. That, from start to finish probably takes two minutes excluding the brew time and if I want a lesurely espresso on the weekend I allready haven the grinder.  ;D The lifespan of the Technovorm and the Rocky are probably 15+ years, how long do you think these whiz-bang automatics will last?  Anyway just my 2 cents.......

I'm a believer in the K.I.S.S. principle.

My everyday drip pot is a Yama table top vac pot: Start the Titan grinder, fill the bottom pot with hot water from my HX, light the butane burner, put the top chamber on, dump the grounds in, wait for the top to fill, turn the burner off, and wait for the coffee to settle into the bottom pot. Takes longer to describe it than it does to make a cup of coffee.

No fuss, no muss - just great coffee!

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
Re: automatic coffee makers
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »
Check out the Jura-Capresso CoffeeTEAM at Costco.

This has gotten some excellent reviews.

Three people who come to the market swear by this model. One of these people got one on my recommendation via the other two's word on it.

Two years -- or is it three? And the third person still loves it.