Author Topic: New (old) toy arrived yesterday.  (Read 2324 times)

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: New (old) toy arrived yesterday.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
I never give inanimate objects names. All I care about is the coffee it produces. If it's good, it stays.

Of course ... what was I thinking ... that would be too frou-frou.

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »
As I was putting this thing together, so I could test it before I tear it down for rebuilding, I couldn't help but notice how bleepin' HUGE it is. I've got it on one of my rolling work tables in the garage and it dwarfs the Bunn ES-1A. It looks like a brass-plated beer barrel.

Mrs T is looking around and wondering where it's going to end up. Needless to say, she's getting a few early warning shots in - "It's too big to be on the kitchen counter.", "Maybe you should call in some favors and have the plumber & electrician come over and locate it in the alcove by the dining room?", basically establishing herself as a player in the decision making about MY espresso machines.

This is going to be a massive project.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 08:44:28 AM »
As I was putting this thing together, so I could test it before I tear it down for rebuilding, I couldn't help but notice how bleepin' HUGE it is. I've got it on one of my rolling work tables in the garage and it dwarfs the Bunn ES-1A. It looks like a brass-plated beer barrel.

Mrs T is looking around and wondering where it's going to end up. Needless to say, she's getting a few early warning shots in - "It's too big to be on the kitchen counter.", "Maybe you should call in some favors and have the plumber & electrician come over and locate it in the alcove by the dining room?", basically establishing herself as a player in the decision making about MY espresso machines.

I've never heard of a massive project that you could not take on.

;D
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 08:55:58 AM »

;D

I didn't say I couldn't do it; just that I'll have to fit it in around my current projects: refurbing the Suez Canal and building the bridge to the ISS. But I should be done with those by Xmas, so maybe I'll have this one done by Easter. ;)

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2010, 08:59:26 AM »

;D

I didn't say I couldn't do it; just that I'll have to fit it in around my current projects: refurbing the Suez Canal and building the bridge to the ISS. But I should be done with those by Xmas, so maybe I'll have this one done by Easter. ;)

Don't forget about the Gulf clean up!

:angel:
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »

;D

Done! Drove down to Galveston just after the explosion and whizzed into the Gulf. That's what broke up the oil and dispersed it. 8)

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 09:14:27 AM »

;D

Done! Drove down to Galveston just after the explosion and whizzed into the Gulf. That's what broke up the oil and dispersed it. 8)

:o :o :o
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 10:37:29 AM »
Partially reassembled. I don't know about Larry's Belle, but I just can't see this fitting in my house?

edited: And it's not because my house is small - this thing is just HUGE!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:46:00 AM by Tex »

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »
Partially reassembled. I don't know about Larry's Belle, but I just can't see this fitting in my house?

I agree with you completely.

That is why I'll suggest sending it to my house.

lp, 7-Ski