Author Topic: Rocky grinder help request  (Read 535 times)

Goose

Rocky grinder help request
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:53:30 AM »
I recently got a Rocky Rancillo grinder in a trade. Since I do not want to use it for espresso, the doser attachment is not needed.

Question? how do I remove the doser? How do I  handle the grinds with out it in place?
I will be using it for my Technivorm and Vac pot.

Thanks for any help!  

Offline Ringo

• Standard User
Re: Rocky grinder help request
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:27:24 AM »
When you do the mod you can never go back.  Take all the doser parts out, you will have a small hole in the center of the doser you will have to drill it out.  I think I drilled mine to 3/4 inch.  This is a pain to do, just take your time.  Then just get a small funnel and slide it in the hole, you will want a tight fit around the outside of the doser.  A metal funnel is best, I used plastic and get static.  You also have to trim the bottom of the funnel so the grinds do not clog it up.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Abraham Lincoln

Tex

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:47 AM »
Seriously? The best thing to do is list your doser grinder on eBay and use the proceeds to buy what you want. And if you're serious about not using it for espresso, there are better choices than a Rocky for a lot less money!

Heck, I'll bet you could sell your Rocky, buy a Baratza/Starbuck's Barista, and have enough money left over to buy a BIG bag of beans?

Goose

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
Hmmm. Thanks for the input, I have a Baratza Virtuoso already, the rocky does a better job or seems to at least.

I know they sell a doserless model- could I just order parts to convert it?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:23:33 AM by Goose »