Author Topic: Espresso Cart?  (Read 863 times)

Offline harryho

• Standard User
  • It's a bit Nutty!!!
Espresso Cart?
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:13:15 AM »
I know a lot of us love our toys and I just bought a used La Cimbali Junior for $500. Now I have to find a place for it in my small house and the best place I have is the patio......so here's an idea.....

I have an opportunity to buy a used Espresso Cart with the tanks, pump, fridge, sink, electrical all intact. All I need is to hook up my espresso machine and grinder. She is asking $800 for it and I am looking at offering her $500.

Thoughts?

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Espresso Cart?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
That would look good next to your smoker.  :)

Even tho' you're in CA, would you really want to go out of doors to make espresso?  Maybe if you were going to drink it out there too.  I went through the same thing because my kitchen is tiny too, and had to give up precious counter space, space a spouse would've not let go.

Have you seen the cart, and is it at your level of cleanness, well-built, etc.?
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »
Sounds like a good deal.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Tex

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 08:23:04 AM »
I know a lot of us love our toys and I just bought a used La Cimbali Junior for $500. Now I have to find a place for it in my small house and the best place I have is the patio......so here's an idea.....

I have an opportunity to buy a used Espresso Cart with the tanks, pump, fridge, sink, electrical all intact. All I need is to hook up my espresso machine and grinder. She is asking $800 for it and I am looking at offering her $500.

Thoughts?

More toys - cool!

I'd like to have a cart to use on my patio, but it'd have to pass Mrs T's aesthetic judgment (her stuff is quaint looking while mine is ugly).

Seriously, the biggest problem with your proposal is humidity & corrosion. IF the machine & grinder have no steel in them then I'd say it'd easily be worth $500 - $800.

Offline harryho

• Standard User
  • It's a bit Nutty!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:27 AM »
Moisture in Southern CA?

We'll see. The house is tiny.......kitchen space is at a premium.....remember I have a Pastry Chef for a wife. So I am screwed. I am going over to check it out this weekend. If I can get it cleaned up for cheap, I might do it. It would cost a little bit more than buying a small fridge, a couple 5-gallon bottles and a Flo-jet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:37:30 PM by harryho »

Tex

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »
Moisture is Southern CA?

We'll see. The house is tiny.......kitchen space is at a premium.....remember I have a Pastry Chef for a wife. So I am screwed. I am going over to check it out this weekend. If I can get it cleaned up for cheap, I might do it. It would cost a little bit more than buying a small fridge, a couple 5-gallon bottles and a Flo-jet.

So humidity isn't going to be a problem, but you'll need a cover to keep the corrosive atmosphere from eating it. ;) BTW: It's relatively easy to put new laminate on it if the finish is chewed up.

crholliday

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 01:37:39 PM »
That sounds like a great deal. With a cart, you can move it out of the way if you need more space or more in the way if you need more convenience. Hard to lose and the price is great assuming the cart is in good shape.