Author Topic: water line pressure regulator & pressure gauge.  (Read 579 times)

Tex

water line pressure regulator & pressure gauge.
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »
I wonder if this would work in a single-boiler espresso machine?

I was thinking of John's bamboo Carezza when I saw this listing; maybe putting it between the pump and boiler, so one could monitor and adjust the group pressure on the fly.

Hmmm?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:18:44 AM by Tex »

Tex

Re: water line pressure regulator & pressure gauge.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »
I didn't mention this before, but one thing that struck me is that it'd be possible to adjust the pressure during the pull: Maybe start out at 7 bar and slowly bring it up, or vice-versus?

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »
It would work (sort of) but you need a massive coil to eliminate needle flutter.....trust me.  ;)

I started out like that but eventually had to do a legit OPV and a liquid filled gauge.

Part 2
My guess is that the measure is too gross to profile during shots as you would be making CRAZY swings, but that is just a guess,

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:52:52 PM by John F »
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:58 PM »
I didn't mention this before, but one thing that struck me is that it'd be possible to adjust the pressure during the pull: Maybe start out at 7 bar and slowly bring it up, or vice-versus?

Or even simply step the pressure during the pull ~7 bar for the 1st 3-4 seconds as a sort of pseudo-pre-infusion stage before full pressure comes on for the rest of the shot.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";