Author Topic: Nespresso Aeroccino Plus any good?  (Read 689 times)

Offline thcoffee

• Standard User
  • Roaster #4 RK Drum
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus any good?
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
My wife and daughter has been using my Gaggai Classic. They were at Williams & Sonoma today and saw a demostration of a Nespresso Aeroccino Plus. They like the the ease & convenience of this frother. They have never liked using the Gaggia for any milk drink and I just drink staright espresso. Is there a good frother that they could use with the classic?

Any recommendation for a separate frother which can be used with the Gaggia Classic besides the Nespresso?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:49:36 PM by thcoffee »

Tex

Re: Nespresso Aeroccino Plus any good?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
Why don't they like steaming with the Classic?

If it's because they don't like dunking the wand in the milk and building microfoam, then there's no good option; they might as well get one of these foaming devices.

If it's because the Gaggia has weak steam capacity, there's always the PID & Silvia wand options.
2011/02/24: PID'd Gaggia Coffee steaming

I've yet to see a stand alone frothing device for less than $1900 (new) that was worth the counter space it took up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:16:46 PM by Tex »

EricBNC

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
I am not a huge fan of milk drinks but I do like gadgets.  I wouldn't turn down an Aeroccino Plus since plenty of people are very happy with it. I found a Wolfgang Puck Bistro frother for three bucks that works similar to the Aeroccino by heating, agitating, and aerifying milk in a self contained unit.  The part that cost me my three bucks by provoking me to purchase it was the independent heat control.  The likelihood of scalding the milk increases but you are guaranteed the milk will be hot enough. Breville is showing a new induction heat frother at Williams Sonoma that looks neat but is pricey.  

Tex

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
Ask Pete; he went through a lot of frothers, trying to find one that fit his needs, and is familiar with their strengths & weaknesses.

Offline thcoffee

• Standard User
  • Roaster #4 RK Drum
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 02:32:35 PM »
Why don't they like steaming with the Classic?

They do not want to take the time to use it or to learn to use it ;) Hey both of my girls are happy with Starbucks drinks....so what does that tell you ;D

These drinks just need to be between McDonalds and Starbucks to make them happy....

Tex

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:46:47 PM »
They do not want to take the time to use it or to learn to use it ;) Hey both of my girls are happy with Starbucks drinks....so what does that tell you ;D

These drinks just need to be between McDonalds and Starbucks to make them happy....

Then get the add-on frother for the Gaggia wand. It won't do Shaun milk, but it'll keep them happy - plus it's cheap! :)

edited: Plus, you'll see a lot of commercial espresso machines with similar devices.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:55:57 PM by Tex »