Author Topic: Impulse sealer heating element  (Read 654 times)

milowebailey

Impulse sealer heating element
« on: May 25, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
I have an 8" impulse sealer I bought a few years ago.  I've sealed about 700 bags with it and have gone through 2 heating elements.  How long do the heating elements normally last? 

I need to order new heating elements (I'm on my last one) and I'm wondering if they are all generally the same or if some are better than others.

I bought my impulse sealer here.... was a GCBC group buy, so to speak.

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
Re: Impulse sealer heating element
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »
Jeffo says he's glad you're stopping to think it through, and not acting so impul....
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

blzrfn

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »
For that price I'm not surprised it is failing so quickly.  If you are handy you might want to open it up and upgrade the wiring, chances are the wire is too small or of inferior manufacture causing the element to burn out prematurely.  An upgrade in gauge and to US made copper wire would probably solve a lot of future problems.

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 03:59:30 AM »
I did some reading and many suggest that you will get more mileage out of these: http://xrl.us/pulseplus

B|Java
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:11:16 AM by BoldJava »

jspain

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:13:25 AM »
I have an 8" impulse sealer I bought a few years ago.  I've sealed about 700 bags with it and have gone through 2 heating elements.  How long do the heating elements normally last? 

I need to order new heating elements (I'm on my last one) and I'm wondering if they are all generally the same or if some are better than others.

I bought my impulse sealer here.... was a GCBC group buy, so to speak.

Larry,

Keep us updated on your adventure! I have the same sealer bought about the same time from the same vendor. I don't know for sure how many bags I've sealed, but a bunch.... I've never had to replace my element! Voltage issue? Loose wiring? Regardless, I'm sure I'll need to replace mine at some point and upgrades are always nice!  Jim

milowebailey

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:22:42 AM »
The heating element is just the flat wire that seals the bag ("sealing element")...  Which model do you have?

Mine has a flat 5mm element.  It's a model MMS-205.

jspain

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »
The heating element is just the flat wire that seals the bag ("sealing element")...  Which model do you have?

Mine has a flat 5mm element.  It's a model MMS-205.

Same one! 8". Love it. I've used it on light weight, medium and heavy weight with the dial setting all across the board...... I even leave the handle down for extra time to allow for additional heat transfer after the element goes off.