Author Topic: Coffee bench/ workstation  (Read 2944 times)

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
Re: Coffee bench/ workstation
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
maybe my wife will make me a coffee shrine while I am she is layed up with her busted wrist
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:28:25 AM by J.Jirehs Roaster »

Tex

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »
maybe my wife will make me a coffee shrine while I am layed up with her busted wrist

Which of your ears did she bust it on? :o ;D

Offline J.Jirehs Roaster

• Standard User
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
maybe my wife will make me a coffee shrine while I am layed up with her busted wrist

lol.. I am layed up for my abuse of the English language

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 01:23:01 PM »

lol.. I am layed up for my abuse of the English language

Welcome to the club ... I am one of the biggest abusers of the English language.  My wife is constant correct-all around me.

It is a riot!

;D
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline pwest

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »
My wife has always disliked how the coffee paraphernalia clutters up the counters in our kitchen, so, during our recent re-model, we set it up so all the clutter can be hidden behind closed doors (sort of like the roll-top desk idea).

-Phil

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
I would be proud of my coffee equipment, not hiding it.  Need to teach her to appreciate the finer things in life more.

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

Tex

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »
My wife has always disliked how the coffee paraphernalia clutters up the counters in our kitchen, so, during our recent re-model, we set it up so all the clutter can be hidden behind closed doors (sort of like the roll-top desk idea).

-Phil

Maybe if you had a classic espresso machine, instead of the Classic, she'd be more respectful of your gear?

Tex

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 06:09:40 PM »
Have her talk to Mrs. Tex who knows that fine machines make good decorating.

Yeah, sure. She knows the less she bitches about my cheapo collections, the less I'll complain about her excesses! :o

Tex

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »

-Phil

Maybe if you had a classic espresso machine, instead of the Classic, she'd be more respectful of your gear?

That's nice, is that the one that took the leg out?

No, this is the one that almost did me in!

Tex

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »
Tex,

That's a real colorful bong you've got there on the far right.  I didn't know you were into those kind of greens.   ;)

That's a picture of Danny McNulty's Gaggia GX, so the weight for the bong is off my shoulders. Danny lived in GB and had a coffee shop setup in a trailer, and his pride & joy was this 3-group GX. Unfortunately, Danny passed away a few years ago, and the coffee world hasn't been the same since. :(

Before he died Danny, sparked a love for the Gaggia GX lever machines in me, and I've been jonesing for a 2-group model ever since. Someday<wistful sigh>?

blzrfn

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 09:48:33 PM »
That is a nice setup Phil, I need to go stand-alone style though as my kitchen is comfortable (read small).

Tex, that print and plant have got to go.  Blech!   :o

Tex

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »
That is a nice setup Phil, I need to go stand-alone style though as my kitchen is comfortable (read small).

Tex, that print and plant have got to go.  Blech!   :o

I'd agree with you, but it's not wise to criticize Mrs T's decorative skills. For Christmas, she removed the eagle on top of the machine and replaced it with a snowman! :-X