Author Topic: A Simple Baratza Mod  (Read 2172 times)

RobertL

A Simple Baratza Mod
« on: May 28, 2012, 12:34:11 PM »
Since I use my Preciso for pour-over and espresso the grind setting is always changing and you guessed it sometimes I forget to check it before making my first cup. Have you ever had a pour-over using espresso grind? Not the way I want to start my morning off, so I came up with this simple modification. I'm sure I'm not the first guy to do this but I don't recall anyone else posting so I thought I would. Let the picture tell the rest of the story...

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: A Simple Baratza Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
RobertL ... thank you for posting this. Its been a long day for me ... can you kindly point out what the modification is as simply am not able to find it.

Thank you.

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Ray T

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 04:43:21 PM »
RobertL ... thank you for posting this. Its been a long day for me ... can you kindly point out what the modification is as simply am not able to find it.

Thank you.

He made it short and stubby mp  ;D Maybe the red on grind indicator??

RobertL

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 05:12:21 PM »
Ray T you are absolutely correct a dab of red nail polish on the grind indicator. That should catch my eye early in the morning so I don't leave the grind at espresso.  :)

Offline ScareYourPassenger

• Standard User
  • lever lover
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
Another mod that Baratza doesn't advertise for the precise is hat you can adjust the speed of the motor via a little potentiometer under the case. It helps with pop corning a bit but didn't make a ig difference in the amount of fines unfortunately.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:17 PM »

Thank you.

He made it short and stubby mp  ;D Maybe the red on grind indicator??

Ah ... the red.

I'm afraid I totally missed that.

Thanks Ray.

lp, 7-Ski

Offline peter

• The Warden - Now Retired
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Monkey Club Cupper
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »
I'll take bets on how long it takes for the red mark to become invisible.  It stands out now because it's new, but in a matter of weeks you won't see it anymore.

Lucky me, I'm almost as old as B|GreyGoat, and I can blame my failure to adjust the grinder on things beyond my control.  Which is why I have the Compak for espresso and the Baratza for everything else.   :P
Quote of the Day; \"...yet you refuse to come to Me that you

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »
I'll take bets on how long it takes for the red mark to become invisible.  It stands out now because it's new, but in a matter of weeks you won't see it anymore.

Lucky me, I'm almost as old as B|GreyGoat, and I can blame my failure to adjust the grinder on things beyond my control.  Which is why I have the Compak for espresso and the Baratza for everything else.   :P

Of course ... there is always the possibility of getting your espresso grind from the Baratza and your drip grind from your Compak.

:-X
lp, 7-Ski

smico

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 03:42:05 AM »
 Or flash few cups of water down the hopper.  :)

Thanks Robert. I forwarded your mod to few friends of mine and the appreciate it.

GC7

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 03:36:07 PM »
Simple is sometimes elegant and functional as well.

I've used red nail polish on the eject button of my HotTop roaster for a couple of years now. Since I put it there I have not accidently ended a roast by pushing the wrong button.

Offline mp

• Standard User
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »
Simple is sometimes elegant and functional as well.

I've used red nail polish on the eject button of my HotTop roaster for a couple of years now. Since I put it there I have not accidently ended a roast by pushing the wrong button.

Welcome back GC7 ... we haven't heard from you for a while.

lp, 7-Ski