Author Topic: Glass Rod - NW Glass Says No  (Read 2565 times)

BozemanEric

Re: Glass Rod - NW Glass Says No
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 02:17:14 PM »
I called Yama back and tried not to tell them that I was wanting to use a glass rod but they kept asking, “Why won’t it work with the cotton filter.”  When I told them I wanted to use glass rod I was told, “We put those lips on the tops of the drain tube so people will not use the Cory rods.  They are not meant to be used with a Cory rod.  We were getting to many returned bases that had broken.”  This is not even close to what I was told a month ago.    Before they said it was defective.  Now they say this is a safeguard they have in place.  I am a very loyal customer to companies that treat me well and this just seems downright shady.

Does anyone have a Yama they have bought in the last couple months?  Does it have this lip that they are telling me is purposely put in place as a safeguard?

Tex

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
I called Yama back and tried not to tell them that I was wanting to use a glass rod but they kept asking, “Why won’t it work with the cotton filter.”  When I told them I wanted to use glass rod I was told, “We put those lips on the tops of the drain tube so people will not use the Cory rods.  They are not meant to be used with a Cory rod.  We were getting to many returned bases that had broken.”  This is not even close to what I was told a month ago.    Before they said it was defective.  Now they say this is a safeguard they have in place.  I am a very loyal customer to companies that treat me well and this just seems downright shady.

Does anyone have a Yama they have bought in the last couple months?  Does it have this lip that they are telling me is purposely put in place as a safeguard?

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense whatsoever. Broken pots aren't covered by warranty, so why would they care what's being used? Either you misheard what they said or you talked to one dumb sumbitch!

BozemanEric

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
I heard what they said clearly. It all sounded like a crock to me.