Author Topic: Single Cup Brewer  (Read 2303 times)

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
Re: Single Cup Brewer
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 10:22:27 PM »
The Aeropress is my go to brewer, but it only does 8 oz at a time.  I like the kalita pourovers as well, but that requires a kettle and a bit of patience.

Oh no no no. You can easily do 16 oz. You certainly need to add water after brewing a concentrated cup though. Grind more coffee, quite fine.    :)

This is the best single cup brewer.....

IS THAT A BROWN FILTER?!

Offline grinderz

• Standard User
  • No unjacked threads!
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »
Aaron, I still grab the gold filter dripper that you distro'ed more often than not when I want a non/espresso single cup. Less fuss than a Melitta and similar to french press.
var elvisLives = Math.PI > 4 ? "Yep" : "Nope";

Offline rfeuker

• Standard User
  • Some problems only coffee can fix.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 04:25:52 AM »

Basic one cup pour over

+1 on the pour over and on that fantastic version of Watchtower playing in the background!  Who is that?
Bob Feuker

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 05:56:54 AM »
A great cheap solution to a personal cup of coffee in my opinion is a Black and Decker Brew 'n Go.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-DCM18S-Personal-Coffeemaker/dp/B00005MF9C

It's cheap, hits 195 degrees, done with in 3 minutes, allows you to use your own fresh roasted coffee, and the cup tastes great!

Here is a link the PDF manual:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/16453/Black-And-Decker-Brew-N-Go-Dcm18.html

Third party review here:

http://www.espresso-machines-and-coffee-makers.com/review-of-the-black-decker-dcm18s-brew-n-go-personal-coffeemaker.html

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:04:40 AM by mp »
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

BoldJava

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 06:00:41 AM »

Basic one cup pour over

Ol' TripKings's manager threw in the towel at about 3:40 in the clip... <grins>  Brown filter and plastic, John?  Stop it, you are killing me.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:02:26 AM by BoldJava »

Offline John F

• White Rabbit
  • Retired Old Goats
  • Coffee elitist
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »
I really don't know why I have brown filters there...

It must have been a filter emergency situation because I don't like them. The Melitta I stand behind. I've got #4 porcelain that I prefer but for some reason I like to use the trusty Melitta #2, it never lets me down.

Maybe one day I'll grab a Beehouse but until then the mighty little Melitta cone remains my go to device.
"At no point should you be in condition white unless you are in your bed sleeping with your doors locked."

Lee Morrison

Tex

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
I really don't know why I have brown filters there...

It must have been a filter emergency situation because I don't like them. The Melitta I stand behind. I've got #4 porcelain that I prefer but for some reason I like to use the trusty Melitta #2, it never lets me down.

Maybe one day I'll grab a Beehouse but until then the mighty little Melitta cone remains my go to device.

"Better the devil you know than the devil you don't?"

Offline rasqual

• Standard User
  • Chaser of Midwest farmers' daughters
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
A great cheap solution to a personal cup of coffee in my opinion is a Black and Decker Brew 'n Go.

The most popular negative review invokes either retirement artifacts or a common dental condition, I can't determine which: "If you are in the market for a personal-type coffee maker, such as the Black and Decker Brew N Go, I would suggest you avoid this one like the plaque!"      ;D

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 05:31:21 AM »

The most popular negative review invokes either retirement artifacts or a common dental condition, I can't determine which: "If you are in the market for a personal-type coffee maker, such as the Black and Decker Brew N Go, I would suggest you avoid this one like the plaque!"      ;D

I suppose he got a defective unit. I would probably not be a happy camper if it happened to me. Just make sure you buy it from a reputable retailer that will exchange it for a good one.

We've had ours for about 4 years and I love it. I got myself another one for the office as I like it that much.

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski