Author Topic: It finally happened  (Read 1087 times)

jimbo

It finally happened
« on: September 15, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »
My wife pitched her Mr. Coffee.  I have been doing pour over or vac for a few years, but my wife just couldn't give up her drip.  This week she announced that the cup just doesn't compare, and she was taking Mr. Coffee to the trash.

Hoot.  Freed up counter space for more of my soon to be acquired toys.  The search begins ...

Jimbo

Dang ... Just noticed I posted this in the wrong area.  sorry.  Must be the lack of coffee.  The Baby is warming up ...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:45:22 AM by jimbo »

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
Re: It finally happened
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »
Well don Jimbo!

:)
1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 07:17:24 AM »
Good Job.     Get her a technivorn or one of those gorts whenever they are ready for the market.

It'll be a win win for sure,  make a great christmas / anniversary / birthday etc gift too  ;D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

BoldJava

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:22:57 AM »
Good Job.     Get her a technivorn or one of those gorts whenever they are ready for the market.

Gort (Brazen) is Behmor's new entry.  The ship hits Oakland this weekend.  They are available here, on pre-order:  http://coffeeproject.com/shop/magento/brazen-coffee-brewer.html

jimbo

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 07:47:23 AM »
Gort may be an option.  Christmas is a good idea.  I've had a shot at used technivorns on rare occasions when they come up locally on cl, but just haven't pulled the trigger.

As long as she's happy with the pour over, I may just let that ride for a while.  She's learning her own technique, and this let's her brew what she wants when she wants.

Jimbo

Offline Ascholten

• Administrator
  • Artisian 6 and Behmor
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
welllllll   you do knowwwwwww..     the next logical step up is an espresso machine.    She can do frapps / capps / to wean herself into the wonder of a good cup of coffee.   

Diddling with a pour over is not a very far cry from making latte art really.   Perhaps you can push that angle?    Oh did I mention she can buy you a machine for christmas too?    Perhaps it can even be one of those, hey honey, since WE love coffee so much, why don't WE get OURSELVES a nice espresso machine for christmas?  Kind of a mutual gift thing.  Of course you have to get her a little trinket anyways (we know how that goes) but it may work....

Just sayin is all   ;D

Aaron
As I have grown older, I have learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everybody off is a piece of cake!

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »
We (meaning me) jumped down that rabbit hole earlier this year with a Gaggia New Baby.  did the OPV mod, but have not added the PID yet.

A lever though .... hummm ...

SJM

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
As long as she's happy ...
...and this let's her brew what she wants when she wants.

Smart man !!!
Susan

Offline mp

• Standard User
  • Nothing like a nice shot!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
As long as she's happy ...
...and this let's her brew what she wants when she wants.

Smart man !!!
Susan

1-Cnter, 2-Bean, 3-Skin, 4-Parchmnt, 5-Pect, 6-Pu
lp, 7-Ski