Author Topic: Hario electric Kettle  (Read 1743 times)

smico

Re: Hario electric Kettle
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »
Those measurements were of the slurry in my Kone.

I should measure the water temp in different areas of the kettle at the time when it turns itself off, and also at the end of the spout.
Plot them all, and interpolate using least square fitting curve...  That would be me, right.   :)
Are you related to Yakster?
Just younger cousin.  On top of that, Yakster would take samples from respective depths and take refractometer readings.  :)

milowebailey

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »
Those measurements were of the slurry in my Kone.

I should measure the water temp in different areas of the kettle at the time when it turns itself off, and also at the end of the spout.
Plot them all, and interpolate using least square fitting curve...  That would be me, right.   :)
Are you related to Yakster?
Just younger cousin.  On top of that, Yakster would take samples from respective depths and take refractometer readings.  :)
Yes, indeed.

You might look at the new PIDed kettle from Bonavita.... I might just have to buy one after seeing it at coffee fest.

smico

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 08:26:28 AM »
You might look at the new PIDed kettle from Bonavita.... I might just have to buy one after seeing it at coffee fest.
That is my plan.  I am waiting for Bonavita PID 1.7 l.  I hope they adjusted heater to heat up in about the same time.

milowebailey

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
That is my plan.  I am waiting for Bonavita PID 1.7 l.  I hope they adjusted heater to heat up in about the same time.
They said it would be on the streets today.

Offline fffolks

• Standard User
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »
I have the 1L version and I love it. My only complaint is that the timer resets when you place the kettle back on the base. It's not a huge drawback though. The temp. only drops about 8*F in 4 minutes off the base.
Coffee, the favorite drink of the civilized world.
-Thomas Jefferson